Episode 8 [Roaring Flare]
Translation Credits and Special Thanks: Jetroyz of the RIHQ Discord, Nightsky#3319, Seletri#9273, Laulicon#6707, and pumpkin#5585.
Available on: 16:00, Nov 1st.
Unlock condition: All players who have passed 7-20
Notes from stream:
- The story content for Ch8 is almost twice as long as previous chapters.
- Lots of new CG created for this chapter.
- Some battles will be carried out in “flashback” form.
- NPC protection missions?
- The 2nd last image of PV is showing a crown, which is related to Amiya most likely (there was a crown which gave +150% true damage in roguelike, which was most used with Amiya).
New [Epoque Series] Skins Available
Event Period: 16:00, Nov. 1st - 03:59, Nov, 29th
Event Description: The following costumes will be available for sale for a limited time:
Epoque Series - Trance - W
Epoque Series - Willpower - Texas
Epoque Series - Ensign - Dobbermann
Epoque Series – Infiltration - Ethan
Ethan Skin will be availalbe free to all players through a sign-in event (details later)
New Furniture Theme
Event Period: 16:00, Nov. 1st - 03:59, Nov, 29th
Event Description: The following furniture will be available for sale for a limited time:
- [Yellowish Gaming Room] Series Furniture
New system is exclusive to Amiya, which allows her to swap between Caster and Guard modes. Amiya must be E2 to enter the promotion stage, and must be in the team when clearing.
- Levels, skill levels, base skill, potentials are shared between modes
- Skill Masteries are not carried over.
- The Caster Talent is not carried over.
- Cannot switch modes while skills are undergoing Mastery training
Trait: Attacks deal melee Arts damage
Talent: When deployed, increase ATK and DEF of all Operators. When skill is activated, effect is doubled.
Skill: During skill activation, increase ATK and gain a certain amount of Arts Evade. Attacks deal 2 hits.
Skill: Immediately seek enemies with the lowest HP ahead and carry out multiple Arts slashes (the last hit has doubled damage and deals True damage). For every enemy killed during the skill, increase ATK and RES (has limit), and the damage type changes to True for the remainder of the skill. Can only use the skill once in the entire battle.
The Lava pictured above will appear in the future as a separate new operator, instead of enhancing the current Lava.
New Headhunt - [Limited Anniversary] Series: Forget Me Not
Event time: Nov 1st 16:00- Nov 15th 03:59
Event description: During Event [Limited Anniversary] Series: Forget Me Not Headhunting period, the following operators have rate up
★★★★★★: Rosmontis (Limited), Mudrock
Rosmontis (Limited Operator)
6* Sniper [New Archetype]
Trait: Attacks deal physical splash damage twice to ground enemies in a small area (2nd hit is an aftershock with lowered ATK)
Talent 1: Attacks ignore a certain amount of the target’s DEF
Talent 2: After deployment, randomly select a deployed Caster operator and increase self and their ATK
Skill 1: The next attack deals an additional hit of Arts damage
Skill 2: During skill activation, increase attack interval, attack splash range and ATK. Additionally, every attack will have multiple additional aftershocks. Enemies hit by Rosmontis’ attacks or the aftershocks will have a chance to be stunned.
Skill 3: During skill activation, reduce attack interval, increase ATK and attack 2 enemies simultaneously, however, only target blocked enemies. Immediately after skill activation, deploy 2 shields that can reduce blocked enemies’ DEF on melee tiles (stun nearby enemies during shield deployment)
6* Defender [Enmity Defender]
Trait: Cannot be healed by allies
Talent 1: Periodically gain 1 Shield (can block 1 instance of damage, has stack limit). When a Shield is used, recover self HP.
Talent 2: Reduce damage taken from Sarkaz enemies
Skill 1: During skill activation, increase DEF
Skill 2: The next attack will recover a certain amount of HP and attack all nearby ground enemies, with a chance to Stun them.
Skill 3: After skill activation, enter a state of invulnerable + cannot take action for several seconds, and reduce nearby enemies’ Movement Speed during this state. After exiting this state, Stun all nearby enemies. For the remainder of the skill duration, increase ATK and DEF, reduce attack interval, and attack all blocked enemies.
Whisperain and Jackie
- [Forget Me Not] is classified as [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] headhunting type
- [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] headhunting type is classified as [Limited Headhunting]
- New Operators Mudrock, Whisperain, Jack will be added to normal headhunting after Nov. 12th 04:00
- New Operator Rosmontis is classified as [Limited Operator] in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary], and will not be added to normal headhunting
- After [Forget Me Not], Limited operator Rosmontis will NOT be added to limited headhuntings before Oct. 1st, 2021
Limited Banner Operator Availability
There will be 2 categories of Limited banners
- CNY banner (currently on the Nian banner)
- Celebration banner (currently W plus the upcoming Rosmontis banner)
Each limited Operator will belong to one of these 2 groups, and will have their own exclusivity period wherein they will not be available during any other limited banners. After the exclusivity period has ended, the Operator will become available on any limited banners of their Category.
- For example, Rosmontis will not be added to any limited banners before 1 October 2021. Other celebration banners within that period will not have Rosmontis in the pool. After Oct 1 2021, Rosmontis will join the 6* pool for any Limited Celebration Banners
- Standard banners != Limited banners
- Limited banners are strictly those banners with 2 6*s, one of which is an limited operator.
[Additional Description to the Limited Headhuntings]
[Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] details
- [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] is classified as [Limited headhunting]
- Operators in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary]: W, Rosmontis
- The limited operator in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] will reappear in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] reruns
- The limited operator might appear in other limited headhunting apart from [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary]
- The limited operator in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] might appear in limited headhunting with up rate in the future
[Cremation, Last Wish] Limited Headhunting details
- [Cremation, Last Wish] Headhunting is classified as [Limited headhunting]
- [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary] is classified as [Limited headhunting]
- Operator W in [Cremation, Last Wish] is the limited operator in [Limited Headhunting - Anniversary]
- Limited Operator W will not appear in ANY limited headhunting before Apr. 1st, 2021
[Earthborn Metals] Limited Headhunting Details
- [Earthborn Metals] is classified as [Limited Headhunting - Spring festival]
- [Limited Headhunting - Spring festival] is classified as limited headhunting
- Operator Nian appearing in [Earthborn Metals] is classified as Limited operator in [Limited Headhunting - Spring festival]
- Limited Operator Nian will not appear in ANY limited headhunting before Jan. 1st, 2021
[Limited Headhunting] Details
- [Limited Headhunting] pity rate does NOT carry over between [Limited Headhunting] banners
- In all [Limited Headhunting] , every pull rewards you with a [Headhunting Contract], pulling 10 times will reward you with 10 [Headhunting Contract]s, [Headhunting Contract] can be used to exchange for operators of current [Limited Headhunting]
- Any 6 star operator you get in [Limited Headhunting] resets your pity counter
- In the current [Limited Headhunting], [Headhunting Contract] has an expiry date, when current [Limited Headhunting Contract Shop] is closed, all unused [Headhunting Contract] will be changed to [Headhunting Material Ticket], where every [Headhunting Contract] is exchanged for 6 [Headhunting Material Ticket]. [Headhunting Material Ticket] has no expiry date, and can be used in the [Headhunting Material Ticket Shop] whenever you like.
Special Login Event Free 10 Pull
Event period: 16:00, Nov 1st - 03:59, Nov 15th
Event description: Player can obtain [Limited Head Hunting ticket]x10 in event interface during the event.
- [Limited Head Hunting ticket] can only be used in 10x headhunting in limited headhunt [Forget me not]
- Each account can only obtain once in the event
- [Limited Head Hunting ticket] will expire at 03:59, Nov 15th.
Daily Free Headhunt
Event Period: 16:00, Nov. 1st - 03:59, Nov. 15th
Event Description: During the event period, player can have a free headhunting in limited headhunt [Forget Me Not]
- The free headhunting will refresh at 04:00 GMT+8
- Any free headhunting that hasn't be used at 04:00 will be lost. They cannot be accumulated.
[Thank-you Celebration] Giftbox Giveaway
Event period: 16:00, Nov. 1st - 03:59, Nov. 15th
Event description: During the event period, each day players will receive a mail with [Thank-you Celebration] Giftbox. The mail will be sent at 04:00 (16:00 on the first day), and will expire after 3 days.
- Players will get 800 Orundum when opening the giftbox the first time
- Players will get a random amount (200,300,500, or 800) Orundom on all subsequent openings.
New Annihilation Map and Update
Opening Period: 04:00, Nov 2nd, 2020 - 03:59, Jan. 4th, 2021
Unlock Condition: All players who cleared 2-8
- New time-limited annihilation stage [Kawalerielki Outskirts], which rotates
- New milestone goals which have one-time rewards (including weekly cap increase)
- Can obtain medals.
- After the map goes off rotation, it will be recorded into Hypothetical Combat Objectives.
- Periodically, some of the objectives will be selected to generate a Simulated Annihilation, wherein players can obtain the corresponding medals and one-time rewards, however no Orundum will be given.
New Feature: Operator Record
[Operator Records] will be added that tell the backstories for Operators. The initial batch will be done for 10 Operators, with Shirayuki being first, and will include combat stages.
Next Event Operators
The basic gist will be that the R6S Operators got into an incident during a mission and got transported to the Arknights world of Terra. If there are no issues, it will be released in the front half of 2021. There will be a headhunt with 3 Operators, and 1 welfare
Limited Time Packs for [Thank-You Celebration]
Sales Period: 16:00, Nov. 1st - 03:59, Nov, 29th
Event Description: The following packages will be available for sale for a limited time:
[Duck Lord’s Purse]
45 CNY = 6.73 USD (at the time of this writing)
- 13 Orignite Prime
- 300,000 LMD
[Thank-you Celebration Preparation Package]
328 CNY = 49.05 USD (at the time of this writing)
- 90 Originite Prime
- 1 [10x Headhunting Permit]
- 200,000 LMD
- 30 Strategic Battle Records
- 50 Tactical Battle Records
- 30 Skill Book 3
- 50 Skill Book 2
- 4 Chip Catalyst
- 500 Furniture Parts
[ Thank-you Celebration Headhunting Package]
198 CNY = 29.61 USD (at the time of this writing)
- 1 [Thank-you Celebration Operator Permit]
- 1 [10x Headhunting Permit]
[Thank-you Celebration Operator Permit] Can pick a 6★ operator from the following operator
New Operators Added To Recruitment
Arknights will add new operators in to Recruitment on Nov 1st. The new operators and the force refreshing notes is as follows:
New Operators in Public Recruitment:
- All recruit tags will be refreshed during the update.
- No new tags will be added by the update.
- To prevent unnecessary loss, please hire the recruited characters before update.
- The new operators won't be picked by recruitments which begin before update.
Contingency Contract Season #3 [Operation Cinder]
Season Period: 16:00, Nov. 15th - 03:59, Nov. 29th
Unlock Condition: Clear Story 2-10
Description: During the season, players can battle in the seasonal stages with different combinations of 「Contracts」. Clear the challenge missions to collect 「Contract Bounty」 and 「Operation Protocol」.
- 「Contract Bounties」 can be used to exchange rewards in "Secret Sanctuary".
- 「Operation Protocols」 can be used to unlock more contracts.
New items in the permanent store:
- Roaring Wind Series - Queen One - Bagpipe Costume
- 6* Guard Tokens *4
- [Coral Coast] Series - Beach Guard GT.001 - Matterhorn (rerun)
- Season #3 Furniture - "Cinder" Flag
Items in the seasonal store:
- High Tier Materials
- Furniture Parts
- Battle Records
- Class Chips
- The Season #3 store will be available from: 16:00, Nov. 15th - 03:59, Nov. 29th
- Season #3 will remove 2 stages from the previous season and add 1 new permanent stage and 1 daily rotation stage, the permanent stage in previous season will add to daily rotation stages in this season
Next [Joint Operation] Banner
Event period: 16:00, Nov. 15th - 03:59, Nov. 29th
Event description: The following operators will be the only units of their respective rarity featured in this banner:
★★★★★: Broca/Asbestos/Blue Poison/Warfarin/Istina/Astesia
Note: This event recruitment is a [Standard Recruitment]
New Extreme Modes
Available after： 16:00, Nov. 8th
Available to： All players who cleared Episode 8
Limited Time Sign-in Event
Event period: 16:00, Nov 1st - 03:59 Nov 15th
Event description: During the event, accumulate 10 days of login to obtain the following rewards:
Day 1: Furniture [New Amusement Device]
Day 2: 1 Originite Prime
Day 3: 4 Crystal Component
Day 4: 20 Tactical Battle Records
Day 5: 20 Skill book 2
Day 6: 200 Furniture Parts
Day 7: 1 Originite Prime
Day 8: 30k LMD
Day 9: Epoque Series – Infiltration - Ethan
Day 10: 1 Chip Catalyst
Arknights Live Concert
There will be a live Arknights concert scheduled for 2021. PV video here:
AK Maps and Lore
The following are images and maps of the Arknights World of Terra.
The known civilizations of Terra
Either preserved its origins during evolution
Or merged after they collide
And in the end honestly they kept the images left to them by the mountains and rivers
Ursus' boundless soil gave its local residents capital for their confidence
Despite most of it being undeveloped
But the Ursus are prideful of their nation's strength
Because of their radicalism and confidence
Small conflicts between Ursus and neighbouring countries always occurred
One of Yen's critical economic centre
Skyscrapers like trees in a forest
Roads like a spider's web
Under Wei Yenwu's plan
Lungmen's development is faster than imaginable
This diverse and united city
Most people know about it
But no one dares to say they understand it
This is Leithanien
Leithanien's rich and open academia
Welcomes all kinds of daydreams that awaits investigation
Research born from ancient fantasies
Pushes Leithanien's constant growth
Where the sand sea meets the oasis
Is where Sargon's territory lies
Apart from the few normadic cities
More Sargonians live in the harsh wilderness and forests
They rarely communicate with the outside world
The closed off life allowed the martial, tribal traditions
To survive to this day
The seaside vacation city Siesta
Backed against a burning volcano, facing the cool seawater
To the locals
Nothing is better than a walk along the white beach during holidays
Apart from the Obsidian Festival
The occasional happiness
In the end they are only byproducts in the long history of Terra
But Terra will still silently observe
The people and things that are born in it
The video clip of this section can be seen here.
CN Server Gifts
I.T Underground Keith
New Amiya Figurine
Preorders begin 11/11.
Through Episode 6