Event Day 12, Daily Stage 11 - Barren Plaza - Risk Level 8 (June 23)
Map Information and Strategy
The main challenges are as follows:
- Dog rush at the beginning needs to be handled, limiting the amount of time we have to set up initial Operators
- Casters will patrol around the middle section, have a 2 grid attack range, and hit all operators in adjacent grids to the main target. This means we need to spread out our Operators to avoid being overwhelmed with damage, especially if there are more than 1.
- Dog rush towards the end of the map means we have to have high DPS or multi-target/splash to take them all down.
- There are a mix of high DEF and high RES enemies, meaning mixed damage types and/or debuffs can be very useful.
These are the Contracts I used:
- One of the Risk 3 Contracts must be taken to reach level 8. I found the increased enemy HP buff to be easier to stack with the other Contracts available.
- No matter which Contracts you choose for this map, it is likely going to pressure your Vanguard abilities. The DP down plus increased enemy HP means we need to get some blockers and attackers out asap to handle the large quantities of enemies.
- If you try to avoid the DP down contract, you will be stacking a lot of ally debuffs and enemy buffs that will make surviving the beginning of the stage difficult.
- With most combinations of Contracts, if we can get our full team established on the board quickly enough, we should be ok.
Recommended Team Composition
- 3 Skill-DP-Recovery or Utility Vanguards, V1 - V3, I highly recommend Myrtle, Texas, and Siege. Siege will be the best Friend Support pick if you don't have her.
- 2 ST Medics, M1 and M2
- 2 AoE Casters, C1 and C2, Eyja and Angelina both work here. We need high dps from these 2.
- 1 AoE Sniper, S1, high DPS is needed from this spot as well.
- 1 Defender, D1, Cuora with her Block-4 S2 is perfect here.
- 1 Guard, G1, for Caster blocking and helping with DPS. Specter is a good choice
- Whatever backups you find you need. G1 is likely to die. Possibly C2. A Defender backup isn't a bad option for the emergency blocking.
Here is an example of the team I used:
Unit placement can be seen in the image below, and deployment order should be done exactly as presented.
- V1: Texas - Skill-DP-Recovery Vanguard
- V2: Myrtle - Support Vanguard
- V3: Siege - Skill-DP-Recovery Vanguard
- M1: Shining - ST Medic
- C1: Gitano - AoE Caster
- D1: Cuora - Normal Defender - At this point i needed some more blocking up-front. We can either block the Caster or wait and let it pass. Either way, it slows down the Caster a bit so we can get some more dps units deployed.
- S1: Meteorite - AoE Sniper
- M2: Silence - ST Medic (This can possibly be swapped with the other Caster if we chose to block the Caster with D1)
We are now at full deployment and it should look something like this:
Once we have generated enough DP we'll do the following:
- Retreat V2 and Deploy G1: Specter - AoE Guard ( I chose to deploy on top of the Caster)
- Retreat V1 and Deploy C2: Skyfire - AoE Caster
This will be the main formation for the rest of the fight. Depending on your squad, you may need/want to consider some of the following:
- G1 might die, so a backup here is a good idea.
- If you are stuggling and getting overwhelmed, try replacing low-dps operators with high dps operators (not just more blocking)
- Skill timing can be important, see the companion video for timings/ideas.
- If you have any ideas, suggestions, or alternatives for other players, please share them in the comments below!
Enjoy your rewards!