Very far into the future, we are talking about 8 months into the future (unless Bandai pull another 'Daemon' shenanigans and bring this early to Global). There will be newer and better Plugins introduced to the game.
1. Rainbow Plugin
- A new tier of Plugin will be introduced and they provide better stats than Gold Plugins. They are exclusive to the Rare gacha as well. These rainbow plugins don't pose much power shift, they are about 25% better than gold plugins.
- For example:
- Gold PWR Plugin gives 304 PWR
- Rainbow PWR Plugin gives 404 PWR
- The real deal comes next...........
2. Target Plugins for Megas Digimon
- They will be released in batches starting with some older Megas.
- They will be sold in CB medal shop or in BP medal shop (F2P Friendly).
- Older and weaker Megas gets stronger Target Plugin and vice versa. They provide a huge power boost to the specific Mega.
- Every Megas will want their own Target Plugin, no questions asked.
- For example:
- Minervamon gets a TEC+700 Plugin
- Sakuyamon gets a TEC+900 Plugin
- Gaiomon (hint hint 'the next meta') gets a TEC+600 Plugin.
- Some get shafted though, Slayerdramon (already a trash tier Mega) gets a TEC+404 Plugin
- They all comes with 2nd stats, I just choose not to mention them because too much information overload.
- When that happens, all your Gold Plugins will slowly be rotated around and used on Megas that have yet to receive their Target Plugin. Eventually, they will be useless because there is no one to use them on anymore.
- Currently in JP, they are even more Plugins variant that is already released but let's talk about them when they actually comes.