The Kindness and Captivity raid event begins on 2018/10/31 14:00 UST and lasts until 2018/11/12 13:59 UST. During this event, one can use Co-op Play to fight against the Wind raid boss, Hypnos!
If you're looking for help on defeating Hypnos, check out our Hypnos Raid Guide.
This Raid event features a new story and pits players against a series of fiery maps culminating with a challenging 16-man Raid Battle. There are many rewards to be obtained, notably including a new 4* Adventurer, 4* Wyrmprint and a 5* Dragon!
- During raid battles, players will only recover 1/4 of the usual amount of HP from certain skills and abilities.
- Your individual team must meet the required Might to challenge the raid battle.
- Blazons, Emblems, or Otherworld Fragments obtained in this event cannot be used in future events.
There are two main event currencies: Peregrine Blazons, and Emblems.
Peregrine Blazons are earned through completing Boss Battle: Storm Sentinel Clash and Raid Battle: Hypnos Showdown. They can be used in Blazon Summon, which grants a wide variety of rewards from a continually depleting pool. Once Sylvia has been earned from a Blazon Summon, the pool can be refreshed which enables all rewards to be obtainable again. Most importantly, Blazon Summons can also yield copies of Sylvia and Better Together.
Blazons are earned through all difficulties of Storm Sentinel and Hypnos.
Emblems come in three varieties: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. They are used to unlock one-time rewards, which can be claimed by navigating to Emblems in the event menu. As more types of each emblem are earned, more rewards are unlocked along their respective tracks.
See the below chart for information on where Emblems can be obtained.
|Quest||Bronze Emblem||Silver Emblem||Gold Emblem|
|Storm Sentinel (All Difficulties)||x|
|Hypnos Showdown (Beginner)||x||x|
|Hypnos Showdown (Standard)||x||x|
|Hypnos Showdown (Expert)||x||x|
|Hypnos Showdown (Special)||x|
This time around the event unit is Melsa, a 4* Dagger-wielding Flame Adventurer. She's a decent attacker with two damage-dealing Skills and has a few ways to raise Critical Rate. Upon starting the event, Melsa will join as a Temporary Character: Someone who appears in your collection but won't stay past the event. To keep her for good, take her along in quests-- this will raise her Friendship Level.
Once her Friendship level maxes out at 500, Melsa will become yours permanently. Investment into her will not be wasted, as she'll maintain her stats and levels upon joining permanently. Melsa's current friendship can be checked at any time by visiting the Kindness and Captivity event page.
Sylvia is a 5* Wind Dragon who boosts an Adventurer's HP by 20/30%. Multiple copies of Sylvia can be obtained, enough to fully unbind her. She can be obtained through Blazon Summons, or by collecting a total of 340 Silver Emblems.
This Wyrmprint grants 15/20% Sleep Res, HP 70% = Strength + 3/5%, and boosts damage to Hypnos by 30/35%. This Wyrmprint is by far the best for the raid event thanks to the enormous damage boost it provides. An unlimited amount of copies can be earned, and methods of obtaining include:
- Upon collecting 6 or 120 Bronze Emblems.
- Upon collecting 6, 260 or 420 Silver Emblems.
- As a reward through Blazon Summons.
Other notable rewards include:
- 11x Summon Vouchers.
- 4x Knights Testament and 1x Champions Testament
- 3x Twinkling Sand
- 3x Sunlight Ore
- Large amounts of Eldwater, Rupies, and Mana.
First, there are several story maps which have to be cleared. These are all easy to beat, with Might requirements ranging from 1500 to 1900. Clearing the Boss Battle: Storm Sentinel is required to then access the raid battle.
To enter the raid battle, Getherwings must be spent to join a room, or Stamina plus Otherworld Fragments to create one. These fragments can be obtained by clearing the Boss Battle: Storm Sentinel or through Emblem rewards during the event.
- Farming only the Expert and Special raid boss modes won't be enough to collect all the rewards.
- The best way of collecting each type of Emblem is as follows:
- Bronze: Use Wings or Stamina to farm Storm Sentinel on Expert.
- Silver: Use Stamina to farm Hypnos on Standard
- Gold: Use Wings to farm Hypnos on Expert, and clear Hypnos on Special as often as possible.
- Resetting the Blazon Rewards will allow one to get copies of Sylvia at a quicker rate.
- Using Melsa in quests unrelated to the event will still build up her friendship.
- Make sure to use all of your Blazon Summons before this event ends.