GamePress

Gear Conversion Guide

Submit Feedback or Error

Overview

Equipment Conversion is for using gear as material to remake a new piece with selectable main stat and set but random sub stats. It isn't entirely selectable, but you can control what get out of the crafting. Because the feature prioritizes gear enhancement level over gear grade, it is very expensive and is mainly only for players who are getting to the point where they are trying to get gear with specific stats at the cost of lots of gold.

Some tips:

  • As long as you reach maximum Quality Grade (orange level), you will always get Epic Grade equipment.
  • You can control what the equipment level and set results are-- as long as the ingredients are only of the desired level and sets. Adding different sets and levels of gear will increase variation and make crafting even more of a gamble. 
  • The probability of getting a set is directly correlated to the relative amounts of that set in the ingredients. So two Speed set boots and one Hit Set boots equals a 66.7% chance for Speed Set and a 33.3% chance for a Hit set. 
  • The Substats on the equipment are always completely random.

Increasing Quality

When using materials for crafting, the system ONLY takes into account the Enhancement Level and NOT the amount of exp or quantity of gear pieces used. Single pieces of unenhanced gear are very low value, and it is impossible to create high-quality (epic grade) items with them.

Because the conversion gems are scarce, we highly recommend only crafting Epic gear using Gear Conversion.

gears

Each un-enhanced gear gives the same low amount of exp regardless of the grade of the gear.

Craft

Rarity of the gears used does not matter

Cost of Enhancement

Calculations

Approximate Costs of crafting an Epic Gear in Alchemist's Steeple (0/3/3 upgrade):

Two +15 enhanced gear or seven +9 gear or four +12 gear

It takes:

  • 54688 exp to get +15 ilvl85 white (common)
  • 65625 exp to get +15 ilvl85 blue (rare)
  • 73828 exp to get +15 ilvl85 purple (heroic)
  • 82032 exp to get +15 ilvl85 red (epic)

for boots, helm, armor, weapon:
ilvl 85 gear - 11.4 + 13.2 = 24.6 gold per exp from charms purchased from Huche

for ring and necklace:
ilvl 85 gear - 11.4 + 18.33 = 29.733 gold per exp from charms purchased from Huche

Total Cost

Converted into total gold cost of crafting a piece of gear with steeple:
Crafting ilvl 85 boots, helm, armor, weapon with blue (rare) gear

2 blue ilvl 85 gear + 3,228,750 gold + 100,000 (cost of the crafting) + equipment gem

White/common gear is the most efficient for foddering, but realistically, players will only enhance blue/rare grade gear to +15 to see how substats roll. You can buy common gear from the Secret Shop just to enhance and feed, but this is even more expensive and we don't recommend it. 

The cost doesn't include gold you would save from having reputation quest bonuses and pets bonuses, so keep that in mind as well.

Making The Most of It

After demonstrating the enormous cost of using the Steeple for crafting, it becomes clear that you need to make what you craft actually worth it.

Since you cannot control the substats, avoid crafting equipment that needs very specific sub stats for the gear to function. Therefore, we recommend one of the most valuable main/set combinations-- crafting Speed main stat boots on a Speed set

Avoid crafting weapons, helms, or armor altogether. You can get cheaper Epic equipment pieces from the Secret Shop, and in those cases, you can actually see the substats before spending gold.

That said, there are a few ways to make sure things go in your favor... or at least, as much in your favor as possible:

  • Only craft Right Gear using this system. 
  • Make every piece Epic Grade for more chances at decent substats. 
  • Use gear of matching levels to ensure the product is that level.
  • Only throw in sets you're willing to accept as an end result. You can reduce the probability of a set by adding others, but there is always at least a 10% chance of rolling an undesired set if it's in the pot.
  • You can recycle badly rolled +9 or +12 Blue/Purple gear into an Epic Grade item. Considering the low sell price of Enhanced gear, this is a slightly better use of those gears (aside from foddering for EXP)
neck
boot

About the Author(s)

Comments