Specialty Change Chaos Sect Axe

Submit Feedback or Error


The Church of Ilryos Axe is a 3★ Dark-element hero with the zodiac sign Leo, whose primary role is being a Warrior. By completing his Specialty Change quest chain, he is able to transform into the Chaos Sect Axe.

After Specialty Change
  • Amazingly strong offensive unit 

  • Low cooldowns make for repeated attacks

  • Strong AOE that refreshes if it gets a kill

  • Decent Defense Break hero

Hero Skillset
Icon Skill Name Skill Effect
Disconnect Attacks with an axe. A critical hit will inflict Bleeding for 1 turn. Damage dealt increases proportional to the amount of the enemy's lost Health.
Attack Chain Attacks all enemies with a shockwave, granting an extra turn to the caster when an enemy is defeated. Damage dealt increases proportional to the enemy's lost Health.
Plagued Strike Smacks the enemy, with a 80% chance to decrease Defense for 2 turns.


  • Eliminate 500 Church of Ilryos Devotees

  • Gift 6 Blazing Rage Catalysts 

  • Obtain 500 pieces of Equipment

  • Trial Battle

GamePress Recommendations

The best place to farm Church of Ilryos Devotees is Stage 4-9 (Imagination's Shade), where you can rack up 45 kills per run. At this rate, it will only take 12 runs (96 Stamina) to complete this requirement.

Blazing Rage Catalysts can be crafted via the Alchemist’s Steeple. You do, however, need at least 0-3-0 Breath of Orbis in the Steeple in order to do this. If you need (or want) to farm the Catalysts instead, they can also be farmed on multiple stages. Some of the best places to farm Blazing Rage Catalysts include:

  • Zone 5 (Dun Blyraia) Stage 5-6 (Wailing Hall). They are also in this zone's AP Exchange.
  • Cidonia Zone 2 (Crimson City Meldrec) Stage 2-6 (Hall of Great Chiefs). They are also in this zone's AP Exchange.

Finally, the 500 equipment pieces just need to be gathered over time. As almost any objective in this game drops equipment, this won’t be too difficult despite the high number.

Advice on Trial Battle

In this battle, Team Rocket wannabes Church of Ilryos Axe and Butcher Corps Inquisitor team up to fight Clarissa, Elson, and two Tirel Archers.

This battle isn't very hard, but here's how to make it even easier:

  1. Church of Ilryos Axe acts first. Use his S3 on Elson.
  2. Elson and the Tirel Archers will act next. Elson will put up his AOE Def buff.
  3. Butcher Corps Inquisitor is next up. Use his S1 on Clarissa to remove her Def buff.
  4. Clarissa will attack.
  5. On Church of Ilryos Axe's next turn, use his S2 to wipe out the Archers and Elson in one strike. This will Enrage Clarissa.
  6. Use Butcher Corps Inquisitor's S1 on Clarissa to remove her Enrage.

There you go! Now Clarissa is alone and has no buffs or tricks. Use your S3s when they're off cooldown and the battle should be over soon enough, allowing the Church of Ilryos Axe to Specialty Change. Congratulations!

Chaos Sect Axe
Icon Skill Name Skill Effect
Vigorous Strike Smacks the enemy, with a 80% chance to decrease Defense for 2 turns and recover Health by 20% of max Health. Amount recovered increases by 50% when enemy is defeated. Damage dealt increases proportional to the caster's max Health.
Change Assessment

The changes to his S3 turns Chaos Sect Axe from an ordinary DPS unit with some cleave and debuff capability into a monstrous bruiser. Because the damage now scales with Chaos Sect Axe's maximum Health and it also heals him when used, Chaos Sect Axe is encouraged to build lots of Health on top of all his damage potential. Between tank stats, staggering DPS, and self-sustain on a quick 3-turn cooldown, Chaos Sect Axe becomes very difficult to deal with at this point.

Skill Enhancement

Specialty Changed heroes can be further enhanced through a Skill Tree. The Chaos Sect Axe has 10 skills in his Skill Tree, and each can be enhanced up to 3 times. The Rune Enhancement cost for these improvements can be found at our main Specialty Change page.

Rune Names Effect 1st 2nd 3rd Total
Health Rune Increased Health 1% 2% 2% 5%
Life Rune Increased Health 1% 2% 2% 5%
Earth Rune Increased Health 2% 3% 5% 10%
Fruition Rune Vigorous Strike (S3) damage increased 1% 2% 2% 5%
Thorn Rune Disconnect (S1) Bleed chance increased 10% 15% 25% 50%
Obscurity Rune When defeating an enemy with Attack Chain (S2), chance of reducing cooldowns by 1 3% 5% 7% 15%
Disease Rune Attack Chain (S2) has x% chance to cause Attack Break 10% 15% 25% 50%
Wedge Rune Increased Crit Chance 1% 2% 2% 5%
Harvest Rune Upon being attacked, if the caster's current Health is below 50%, recover x% of max Health. Can be activated once per turn. 2% 3% 5% 10%
Courage Rune When attacked, x% chance to gain Attack buff 5% 10% 15% 30%
Enhancement Conclusion
  • Health increases by 20%

  • Crit Chance increases by 5%

  • 30% chance to get an Atk buff when attacked by an enemy

  • Disconnect (S1) gains 50% additional chance to Bleed

  • Attack Chain (S2) can cause Attack Break and has a 15% chance to reduce Chaos Sect Axe's cooldown when it kills at least one target

  • Vigorous Strike (S3) damage increased by 5%

Enjoyed the article?
Consider supporting GamePress and the author of this article by joining GamePress Boost!

About the Author(s)

Emma Nielsen. A danish gamer who is here to enhance your gaming experience

A 3★ Earth-element Virgo hero with the "Writer" role. Loves creative writing, all forms of editing, video game design, and badgers.

Click here to contact me with questions or other business.