The first ever Central Data Analysis Rate-Up Event will be coming Girls' Frontline EN after the Feb. 18th maintenance.
The currently-released HOCs will be put on rate-up on rotation throughout the event period (see current server time on the GFL Gamepress front page header):
- BGM-71: Feb. 18 after maintenance - Feb. 19 23:59
- AGS-30: Feb. 20 00:00 - Feb. 21 23:59
- 2B14: Feb. 22 00:00 - Feb. 23 23:59
During each rate-up, the chance of each acquired Central Data being the one on rate-up is significantly increased!
Note: Since the total amount of Central Data acquired is unchanged, commanders who didn't save up any data beforehand won't be missing out on much.
Recommended Pulling Priority
Contrary to popular belief, it is not optimal to focus BGM-71 during this rate-up event.
Even though BGM-71 is the strongest HOC for shield breaking, she does her job so well that she will one shot almost every single force shield in Continuum Turbulence at ~400 pierce (including her Charged Missile buff).
This is easily achievable at 1 or 2 star rarity, provided that the commander has leveled her up and given her the appropriate chips.
With this being the case, players are instead recommended to do one of the following for minmaxing purposes:
With this approach, the player should spread out their rolls to try and make sure their HOCs have similar Central Data progress.
Basically, roll the rate-up for HOCs who are behind.
This is applicable for all players regardless of whale status or existing HOC rarity/progress.
- Provides maximum benefit per Sample analyzed
- Lets you unlock 5★ on all HOCs ASAP
- No immediate benefit unless the player manages to gain stars on the HOCs who are behind
- May result in HOCs getting close to but not unlocking the next star
Players taking this route should focus on the BGM rate-up between Feb. 18 - Feb. 19, and subsequently the 2B14 rate-up between Feb. 22 - Feb. 23.
Players are advised to stop rolling when they reach 3★ on BGM-71; if your data is capped, it's ok to analyze some so you can avoid losing uncollected data.
This is applicable if you:
- Already developed BGM-71 and 2B14 to level 60 with their appropriate skills maxed
- Have saved up a decent amount of Original and Pure Samples
- Plan to tryhard in CT Ranking as soon as possible
This route is meant for players who know what they are doing and plan to try for a high placement within the "Hurricane Rescue" ranking stage leaderboards. Other players should go with the catch-up strategy so that their HOCs will be evenly developed.
- Maximizes the rarity of the two HOCs that are expected to be most useful for CT Ranking
- Strong initial 2B14 volley can help weaker echelons deal with enemies better
- Possibility of slightly improved score
- Does not compensate for poor map strategy
- Your AGS-30 might fall behind in rarity a little bit if you're unlucky
- Is not meaningful for players who just want the ranking rewards (as the minmax won't really help much if you aren't already within the top 1%/top 100)
Players taking this route should focus on the 2B14 rate-up between Feb. 22 - Feb. 23. This is only applicable if you:
- Already have 2B14 at 4★ or very close to it
- Have maxed all of her skills
- Have either
- Have excellent chips that can allow you to reach more than 400 total Lethality
This route is meant for high spenders who can't wait to play with 2B14's high potential damage and is not recommended for most players.
- Access to massive +82 Lethality same color bonus only available at 5★
- 2B14 can deal tremendous damage to non-shielded adds (Strelets) in Hurricane Rescue
- This extra damage gives you the flexibility of fielding unique team comps other top rankers cannot copy
- Very good Chip RNG needed to set up in the first place
- Hard for most players to attain this rarity
- Requires player to already know what they are doing for Ranked
- Non-whales focusing 2B14 will cause their BGM-71 and AGS-30 to be unnecessarily neglected - all HOCs will be useful eventually, so if you don't know what you are doing you should develop them evenly.
I have no idea which one I should pick!
- The vast majority of players reading this article should prioritize their data spread. When in doubt, going with that strategy cannot go wrong - unlike the other two possibilities.
Wouldn't focusing a HOC give you Data Patches earlier?
- A Data Patch is worth far less than a tick of Central Data progress towards the next rarity. Generally speaking, going from 4★ to 5★ confers a higher stat increase than all ten iterations combined.
If a player focuses a single HOC rather than trying to even them out, they'll enter a limbo period during which they'll have one 5★ HOC, two 4★ HOCs, and some Data Patches rather than the three 5★ HOCs that they would have gotten had they evened out their Central Data.
In the longer term (after all HOCs reach 5★), this won't matter, but it can be a short-term annoyance especially for players who are impatient and want to play chip tetris with the full 5★ board ASAP.
Why are AGS and 2B14 separate recommendations for ranking?
- Even whales will not have enough data to 5★ both of them, and there's a HOC deployment limit of 2 in Hurricane Rescue. Since you'll have to bring BGM-71 anyway, only one of the two aforementioned HOCs can be deployed.
As the enemy installations in CT ranking have very low HP values to the point where even a 2★ 2B14 can one-shot them, AGS-30 no longer has the advantage in her 3-range building killer niche and thus is strictly worse than 2B14 in this particular ranking map.
When is the rate-up again?
- The official rate-up schedule will be included here again for your convenience: