Mission and Clear Conditions:
Capture All nodes in the map
- 1 RFHG 90x5 (preferably with Surehit unit)
- 1 MGSG/1RFHG 90x5
- 1 ARSMG/RFHG (See below for details)
- 2 dummies
- 2 HOCs
- AT4/BGM recommended
- BGM/AGS can also be used, though with a higher repair bill
How you tackle this map is going to depend on your personal abilities when kiting and what Echelons you can field, but you'll need to move reasonably quick to capture every node within the 9 turn limit. The enemies are on the Expand AI, meaning they try and cover as much of the map in red as they can.
HOCs are mandatory, as the Uhlans, and Patroller has 100% shields. The Doppelsolders have 50% and the Gladiators start with 33% shielding.
You'll also want a team with Taunt/Twins to deal with max shield Uhlans and the Strider. A Taunt is preferable since:
- No targeting RNG on Strider
- No targeting RNG against Rodeos, which means you don't risk your RFs losing HP
- More HP to eat Gunner shots, since if one Twin dies, so does the other
- Can also tank efficiently 2 Uhlan enemy comp
- Slightly better aura than Twins.
If you wish to field MGSG team to clear bottom left of the map as Ceia does on his guide, remember it needs to be strong enough to kill Gundams before they nade your team.
To clear bottom right of the map, it's advisable to field a strong RFHG team. If needed, consider fielding MP5 Mod or an SG (preferably DP-12 because RF tiles or SAT8 for early shield) to help tank Gunners.
I'll see about making a proper image-based guide for this map after launch on EN, but for now I think I'm going to stick to something similar to Garden of Old EX from GSG, and just go over some quick information and such here.
First things first, you have a lot more AP than it looks like you should, as you probably noticed in Critical Angle EX. MICA has cheated the system by stacking closed Helipads to give us many more AP than we should actually have. Use this to your advantage, in terms of positioning HOCS to provide fire support, and also to set up surround captures.
Abuse surround captures, and always try to end your turn by taking over new nodes. There are 63 nodes on the map, and with only 9 turns, you can't just capture them one at a time, so make sure to surround capture when possible. Enemies don't respawn, so don't worry to much about that!
Speaking of, don't be afraid of spamming repairs if you need to. There are no points on the line, so you can be as liberal as needed with repairing your Echelons. Priority should be given to the Uhlans near the Heavy Heliport and the Patroller threatening your Command Post, followed by the Uhlan threatening the upper Heliport.
Anyway, there isn't that much more to say about this map, beyond attempt it yourself a few times and see what works. It is a reasonably enjoyable challenge, with some proper fights involved, to at least wet the pallets of the veteran players, although without much following payoff.
Before we start the map, let's run through what you'll be fielding at the start:
- BGM and AT-4 (or AGS if AT-4 is unavailable. Do note that AT-4 performs much better because Uhlans have max shield)
- Team 1 can be a dummy team
- Team 2 can either be an ARSMG, or a strong RFHG, depending on your armory. If you don't have the armory to field a strong MGSG team, or field 3 strong RFHG teams, opt to make Team 2 as an ARSMG which will only fight an Abandoned Isomer comp. If you can make Team 2 a strong RFHG that can clear bottom right of the map without HOC support those are some options for it:
- MP5 Mod as tank
- DP-12 as tank
- SAT8 as tank
- KSVK Mod + Beach (Skill 2 makes short work on those nodes)
- Hanyang (Type 88) Mod can also be helpful due to her pierce
- Taunt/Twins +HS2000 (insurance against Gunners/Doppels). Do note that you should only consider either of those fairies if you have a Taunt/Twins to spare for Strider team.
- Grape can be useful, as always.
- Rico, with her early nuke, and tiles that allow CD reduction of P22 on Position 7 is also MVP here.
- Team 3 is also a dummy
- Teams 4 and 5 will be fielded later, and detailed when fielded
- Note that team 4 can perform Team 2's actions on Turn 2. If you cant make a 3rd strong RFHG or MGSG to clear bottom left of the map, build this team with Team 2's options in mind.
Team 4 can either be MGSG or RFHG. However, note the following:
- It'll fight two enemy comps with 1 Uhlan and Strelets
- It'll fight one comp with Gundams
Those things considered, if you opt to field an MGSG, using SAT8 is advisable to minimize repairs, and it needs to be strong enough to kill the Uhlan before it gets a chance to ram forward.
It also needs to kill the two Gundams before having to reload, otherwise your team will get naded by the second Gundam.
Team 5 is the most restrictive team in terms of DPS check and fairies/units fielded, as it needs to kill Isomers, Uhlans, Rodeos and Striders. Note the following:
- A Taunt is highly preferable, since it can aggro the Rodeos and Strider while leaving your RFs safe. It can also soak up the Gunners shots for longer than Twins.
- Twins can work here, but you'll be taking damage on your RFs. A strategy to avoid that would be to leave your RFs in the middle row when facing the Rodeo comps and either retreating your HGs or pray Rodeos target only one Twin and move away from the row getting lasered.
- Using an SG here can work If you know how to kite the Uhlans, and especially kite the Strider when it enters pierce mode.
- Since it is a day map, M200 is not a strict requirement for Uhlans. Do note that she still is MVP against Strider. NTW-20 Mod is also a good option
- Deagle can also help against Strider because of her passive skill. However, remember to move the RF on position 4 to position 8 or 2 as soon as the battle starts if you're using a Taunt/SG on 6.