| Note: The Guest Support Archer of Shinjuku (Grey Collar costume) comes at Lv90 NP5 10/10/10 plus the passive: |
Star Cocktail: Gain 10 Critical Stars per turn [Unremovable].
| HP ||307,395 |
|LVL ||90 || HP ||360,855
|LVL ||90 || HP ||454,410
|LVL ||90 |
|NP Type ||Support |
|Actions ||Up to 3 per turn |
|Traits ||Humanoid, Servant, Male, Neutral Good |
|Passive||Collect Intel First: Increase own NP Resist by 50% (5 turns). Increase own DEF by 70% (5 turns). [Unremovable] |
|Special Skill 1||Character Observation: Apply Target Focus to a single enemy (2 turns). |
|Special Skill 2||Behavioral Observation: Decrease DEF for a single enemy by 30%. |
|Break||Hm, Let's Begin Our Deductions: Apply delayed buff to self (5 turns): Increase own Arts Card effectiveness by 20% each turn [Unremovable]. Increase own Critical Strength by 50% [Unremovable]. |
|Break||Allow Me To Reveal the Truth: Remove own delayed buff (from 1st break). Increase own ATK by 50% [Unremovable]. |
|Special Skill 3 (Post 2nd Break)||The Truth Explained: Remove buffs from a single enemy. Increase own Critical Rate by 100% (1 time). |
|Skill 1||Gift of Insight A++: Apply NP Seal to a single enemy (1 turn). Increase own Critical Rate (1 turn). |
|Skill 2||Hypothetical Reasoning A+: Increase own Critical Rate (1 turn). Apply Debuff Immune to self (3 turns). |
|Skill 3||Baritsu B++: Increase own Arts Card effectiveness (1 turn). Apply Evade to self (1 turn). |
|NP||Elementary, My Dear: 500% chance to decrease DEF for all enemies (3 turns). Apply Ignore Invincible for all allies (3 turns). Apply Ignore Defense for all allies (3 turns). Increase Critical Strength for all allies (3 turns). |
- The villain and the detective, whose stories ended together at the cliffs of Reichenbach Falls. Indeed, there’s not one more fitting way to close an event centered around the Napoleon of crime than to have him face his archnemesis, Sherlock Holmes. Holmes has three HP bars (2 Breaks), with a total health of around 1 million.
- He initially starts with two unremovable 5-turn buffs, giving him NP Resist (50%) and Defense Up (70%) respectively. He also starts with two special skills. The first applies Target Focus (i.e. Taunt) on a random party member, while the second applies a Defense debuff. He unlocks a third special skill upon reaching his final HP bar, which allows Holmes to remove all buffs from a target while increasing his own critical damage by 100% for one hit.
- Upon first Break, Holmes will apply a permanent, unremovable Critical Strength Up (50%) on himself, as well as a 5-turn delayed buff which would grant him a permanent Arts Performance Up buff every turn. Breaking him a second time will eliminate the delayed buff (even if the 5-turn duration has not been reached) in return for applying a 50% ATK buff on Holmes himself.
- While Holmes’ NP is non-damaging, it makes his normal attacks much stronger and allows them to bypass Invincibility, Evasion and Defense buffs alike, which can be dangerous when considering the aforementioned special skills as well as Holmes’ own critical-oriented skills.
- It’s recommended to burst Holmes down in the second phase to prevent the Arts buffs from stacking, thereby making the final stage of the fight easier.
- Offensive compositions are recommended over defensive ones due to Holmes’ NP, which allows him to bypass most defensive tools.
- Due to Holmes’ Ruler class, Avenger damage dealers are by far the most potent options for this fight. Jeanne d’Arc (Alter) and Avenger of Shinjuku, being single-target, are particularly powerful choices. Jeanne Alter in particular can nullify the buffs applied by Holmes's NP with an NP of her own, greatly reducing the threat of his NP turns.
- Berserkers may also be used in lieu of Avengers, though their innate squishiness makes Holmes’ criticals or Target Focus far more dangerous. Those with Ignore Defense, such as Sakata Kintoki or Lu Bu are generally the best options, as well as other heavy-hitters (e.g. Hijikata Toshizo).
- Child of Atlas should be used for parties aiming to burst down Holmes in the least amount of turns possible, as it allows the damage dealer to ignore the massive initial defense buff. GUDAGUDA Poster Girl may also be a good idea, especially as the Servant can benefit from the defensive NP gain the CE brings.
- As Holmes only deals single-target damage, Taunters can be brought along to protect the main damage dealer. Those with Guts, such as Georgios and Leonidas are recommended, though other options without it (e.g. Mash Kyrielight or Chevalier d’Eon) can also work assuming Holmes’ NP isn’t active.
- Damage supports are highly recommended, especially due to their help in bursting down the second health bar. Servants such as Merlin, Zhuge Liang, Scathach-Skadi, Tamamo-no Mae, as well as their lower-rarity alternatives should be used for this role.
- Note that these videos are not affiliated with GamePress, but showcase some lineups that are effective in clearing the final challenge. These can serve as a good reference for how to rotate skills during this quest or simply to have a look at the encounter before diving in.