Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Interview Details US Name Change, Monetization, and More
- Gundam Breaker Mobile(JP) had its name changed to help brand recognition
- Monetization will be in the form of Parts Capsules and Haro Chips
- Game is played in portrait mode
An interview with Bandai Namco Producer Shinsuke Ninomiya was released on Twinfinite today, which held details on the upcoming mobile game, available now to pre-register for iOS and Android.
In the interview, a few details were dropped on the upcoming game:
- It's a collaborative effort with Bandai Namco and Capcom
- The name was changed from "Gundam Breaker Mobile" to "Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare" to capture the Western market familiar with Gunpla
- No AR features planned
- The gameplay is in portrait mode only
- Changes have been made to the customization system from the console games
- The gacha system will be based around Parts Capsules and Haro Chips, another form of in-game currency
- There will be a completely original story featuring newly-designed Gundams
Check the link below for the full interview.