February has been shaping up to be all about the Generation 1 region of Kanto, and it's being taken even farther than before. In conjunction with Pokemon Go Tour: Kanto, which drops fairly soon, we've also got a complimentary event coming down directly afterwards, and this one doesn't require the purchase of a special ticket to participate in!
|Event Start||Event End|
|February 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time||February 27, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time|
- A special selection of Kanto-themed Pokemon will be spawning in the wild
- A special selection of Kanto-themed Pokemon will be attracted to Incense
- A special selection of Kanto (and Johto?)-themed Pokemon will be hatching from 5km eggs
- A special selection of Kanto-themed Pokemon and Stardust will be available from an event-exclusive Field Research task
- A special selection of Kanto-themed Pokemon will be appearing in raids
The Return of Community Day Moves
Now for the big one; during event hours, players will be able to evolve many of their Pokemon featured during their own Community Days in order to obtain their Elite Moves from said events! While dropped from the December Community Day Recap of 2020, it's great to see many of these moves return!
- Evolve an Ivysaur to obtain a Venusaur that knows Frenzy Plant
- Evolve a Charmeleon to obtain a Charizard that knows Blast Burn
- Evolve a Wartortle to obtain a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon
- Evolve a Pichu to obtain a Pikachu that knows Surf
- Evolve a Dragonair to obtain a Dragonite that knows Draco Meteor
- Evolve an Eevee to obtain any of its many evolutions that knows Last Resort
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto is right around the corner! The festivities won’t end there, either. After this long-awaited event concludes, a Kanto-themed celebration event will run until Pokémon Day!
Date + Time
Sunday, February 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, February 27, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Weedle, Pikachu, Geodude, Clefairy, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Gastly, Voltorb, Magikarp, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense: Caterpie, Pidgey, Spearow, Poliwag, Abra, Seel, Machop, Krabby, Exeggcute, Horsea, Goldeen, and more.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Oddish, Bellsprout, Tangela, Dratini, Pichu, Elekid, Magby, and more.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Doduo, Magnemite, Diglett, Omanyte, Kabuto, Snorlax, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, and more.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp, and Dratini will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Scyther, Pinsir, Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler, and Lapras will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Some of the Collection Challenges from Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto will continue throughout the Kanto Celebration event. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- Get Pokémon that know exclusive attacks from previous Community Day events! If you evolve the following Pokémon during the event, their Evolution will know an exclusive attack.
- Evolve Ivysaur (the evolved form of Bulbasaur) to get a Venusaur that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Charmeleon (the evolved form of Charmander) to get a Charizard that knows Blast Burn.
- Evolve Wartortle (the evolved form of Squirtle) to get a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Pichu to get a Pikachu that knows Surf.
- Evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions to get an evolved form that knows Last Resort.
- Evolve Dragonair (the evolved form of Dratini) to get a Dragonite that knows Draco Meteor.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team