New Event: Evolution Event 2019
On December 4, 2019, Niantic officially announced a new event beginning tomorrow!
Starting on December 5 at 3 PM Central Time, and going until December 12, players will receive the following bonuses:
- Pokemon such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy will spawn more frequently in the wild
- Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts will be found in raids
- More 2km eggs that hatch into Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny
- New Field Research that rewards evolution items
- Shiny Burmy release
- 2x XP for evolving Pokemon
- 1-hour Lure Modules including Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy
- Evolution items as a reward from raids
In another event nested in this one, there will be a Raid Day on December 7 from 11 Am to 2 PM. The following Pokemon will be found in 1, 2, and 4 star raids respectively:
- Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur
- Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard
- Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise
5 Raid Passes will be given out for free during this event.
Pokemon Spawn Increases
Full Announcement Text
Perhaps one of the greatest lessons we learn from Pokémon is that it’s possible to evolve into a surprising and cool being—sometimes we just need a little boost or help! Let’s celebrate how much your Pokémon (and you) have grown this year with the first-ever Evolution Event and an accompanying Raid Day. Pokémon Evolution can depend on whether a Pokémon is a certain gender or has spent time as a Buddy Pokémon. Sometimes Evolution occurs because of particular items, times of day, or Lure Modules. During this event, you’ll be able to explore all these unique ways Pokémon evolve!
Evolution Event Look forward to Evolution items from raids, longer-lasting Lure Modules, and increased encounters with Pokémon that evolve in special ways.
Date + Time
From Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, December 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Pokémon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokémon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokémon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokémon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- Evolution items from raids
Evolution Event Raid Day
Date + Time
- Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in your local time zone
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
A lot can change in a year—or even in a moment! We hope to catch you out there celebrating the power of Evolution, Trainers. Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team