Evolution Event 2019
|Event Start||Event End|
|December 5, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. PST||December 12, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. PST|
Niantic's latest event for Pokemon Go is beginning soon, this time featuring a focus on Pokemon that evolve in a unique way.
Pokemon that evolve in unique ways will be found more frequently in the wild and in research
Pokemon named so far are Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy. Roselia and Eevee could be great additions to your raid roster in the form of Espeon and Roserade, while PvPers could be on the lookout for Eevee, Burmy, and Onix for Trainer Battles and Silph Arena cups.
Confirmed Boosted Spawns
2x XP for evolving Pokemon
This is not a huge bonus, but it is one worth taking advantage of regardless. Mass-evolution during this event will be a great way to earn experience if you're trying to power-level. Get those Pidgeys and Whismurs ready!
Lure modules will last for 1-hour
This bonus doesn't change the game in any way, but it is nice to get some extra value. No events overlap with the boost either so this one is not totally notable.
Evolution items will be given out in Raids and Research Tasks
This is the big one people are excited for; Niantic representatives on Reddit as well as YouTuber ZoeTwoDots have both confirmed that the Unova Stone will be included in this event! We aren't sure what Research Task it will be included in though.
New raid bosses
Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts will be in raids! Gardevoir, Togekiss, and Scizor are all great pickups for your raiding or PVP needs.
Shiny Burmy will see its global release
Burmy and Wormadam have pretty unremarkable shiny forms, but Mothim looks pretty sharp!
Raid Day Info
|Event Start||Event End|
|December 7, 2019 at 11 AM local time||December 7, 2019 at 2 PM local time|
The Gen 1 starter Pokemon will be in raids with all shiny forms available
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle will be in Tier 1
- Charmeleon, Ivysaur, and Wartortle will be in Tier 2
- Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise will be in Tier 4
- 5 free Raid Passes will be available
We recommend hunting those Tier 2 raids for Pokemon to evolve during Community Day Weekend on December 15 and 16.
Perhaps one of the greatest lessons we learn from Pokémon is that it’s possible to evolve into a surprising and cool being—sometimes we just need a little boost or help! Let’s celebrate how much your Pokémon (and you) have grown this year with the first-ever Evolution Event and an accompanying Raid Day. Pokémon Evolution can depend on whether a Pokémon is a certain gender or has spent time as a Buddy Pokémon. Sometimes Evolution occurs because of particular items, times of day, or Lure Modules. During this event, you’ll be able to explore all these unique ways Pokémon evolve!
Evolution Event Look forward to Evolution items from raids, longer-lasting Lure Modules, and increased encounters with Pokémon that evolve in special ways.
Date + Time
From Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, December 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Pokémon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokémon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokémon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokémon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- Evolution items from raids
Evolution Event Raid Day
Date + Time
- Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in your local time zone
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
A lot can change in a year—or even in a moment! We hope to catch you out there celebrating the power of Evolution, Trainers. Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team