We're about to the mid-point of September, and we're on our way to yet another new event! This time we've got a number of new costumes, the introduction of a new Pokemon, and the introduction of a brand new system that has quite a bit of potential for the future.
|Event Start||Event End|
|September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time||September 28, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time|
- Numerous Pokemon will have new costumes, including the return of last year's featured Pokemon.
- Furfrou, which originally made its debut in Generation 6/Kalos, will make its debut with its plethora on various styles all available at the start. However, most styles will be region-locked, and players will be able to change styles at will at the cost of 10,000 Stardust and 25 Candy.
- The next stage of the Season of Mischief research line will be made available, and it's hinted that other Pokemon will be able to change formes. More on this later!
- A special research line will be available that will grant players a chance to encounter the Mythical Pokemon Meloetta. Players who obtained Meloetta during Go Fest will instead be rewarded with Meloetta candy.
- A special selection of trainers will be available to fight at Pokestops
- A timed research line will be available that will reward a Furfrou Wig avatar item. This will also be available to purchase at a later date.
- Special Fashion Week avatar items will be available in the shop, and select avatar items will be on sale.
- A selection of Pokemon will be available in raids, the wild, and eggs.
The Form-Change Mechanic
The big announcement for this event is not so much the event itself, but rather the introduction of the new Form Change mechanic.
It's confirmed in the official news post that Furfrou will not be the only Pokemon to take advantage of this feature. The main series is full of Pokemon that can take advantage of it, with the most notable one at this particular time being Hoopa's advanced forme, Hoopa: Unbound.
This is a very reasonable assumption, considering the fact that this transformation is invariably temporary in the main series. While this would breathe new life into the recently released Hoopa, as its Unbound form is particularly strong, we do not recommend investing in it until we know for sure.
Expect an article on the implications of this new system soon!
Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, is making its Pokémon GO debut during our Fashion Week event—along with many of its forms! Keep an eye out for a variety of stylishly dressed Pokémon in the wild and in raids, along with new avatar items in the shop. In celebration of the event, the shop will be having a first-of-its-kind sale on select avatar items!
Date + Time
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Furfrou will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Some of its different forms will be available in certain regions around the world. Please reference the bottom of this post to learn how to use the new form-change mechanic.
- Natural Form: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Stay tuned!
- Look forward to Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle wearing fashionable costumes for the first time! Costumed Pokémon that starred during last year’s Fashion Week event—like Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk—will return as well!
- The next part of the Season of Mischief Special Research story, Misunderstood Mischief, will unlock. Help Professor Willow study up on how Pokémon like Furfrou—and others that might surprise you—change their appearances!
- Complete Special Research to earn an encounter with the beautifully voiced Meloetta! If you have already accessed the Pokémon GO Fest 2021–exclusive Special Research, completing this new Special Research will instead earn you Meloetta Candy.
- Fashionable Trainers with fashionable Pokémon and more will be appearing at PokéStops throughout the event. Challenge these Trainers to earn rewards!
- Complete Timed Research for a chance to earn encounters with fashionable event-themed Pokémon! You can also earn an exclusive Furfrou Wig avatar item as a final reward. The Furfrou Wig will also be available for purchase in the shop after the event is over, beginning Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7).
- Starting on Monday, September 20, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7), Fashion Week avatar items—like Hoopa Bangles—will be available in the shop!
- Certain avatar items will be on sale for a limited time! Make sure to check out the shop and find your next fashionable outfit at a bargain!
- In addition to Furfrou, costumed Pokémon like Kirlia, Blitzle, and Croagunk will be appearing in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might also encounter Butterfree!
- Costumed Pokémon like Sneasel and Shinx will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Costumed Pokémon like Butterfree and Kirlia will be appearing in three-star raids.
- The Pokémon appearing in five-star raids and in Mega Raids will not change from what has been announced previously.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a fashionable costume, and Shinx in a fashionable costume.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Sneasel, Shiny Smoochum, Shiny Kirlia, Shiny Shinx, Shiny Croagunk, or Shiny Blitzle—all wearing fashionable costumes! You may encounter Shiny Blitzle without a costume after Fashion Week has concluded, but you won’t see Blitzle in the wild very often.
New form-change mechanic
Furfrou’s debut in Pokémon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the forms of certain Pokémon. Follow these steps to change Furfrou’s Trim!
- Furfrou begins in its Natural Trim.
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
Let’s learn as much as possible about Furfrou and Pokémon forms during this event! Be sure to log in to continue your research on the Mischief Pokémon, Hoopa, and don’t forget to show the world how stylish you and your Pokémon are along the way. Let’s GO! Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team