On the morning of February 8th, Niantic announced that more Hoenn region Pokemon would be added the following day on February 9th. This is the picture included with the update:
In addition to the Pokemon being added, several other changes will take place. Beginning February 9th:
- Pokemon encountered in the wild will be exclusively from the Hoenn region until February 13th
- Rayquaza will begin to appear as a raid boss until March 16th
- Reminder: Kyogre stops being a raid boss after February 14th
- Special item boxes will be added that include Raid Passes, Incubators, and Star Pieces until February 23rd
- Lure modules will stay active for six hours until February 23rd
- Raid bosses will be changing
- Egg hatch groups will be changing
See the list below for links to all the newly added Pokemon included in the picture. Also, check out our Rayqaza raid boss guide. This page will update as Pokemon are confirmed.
New Raid bosses are now as follows
- Tier 1: Swablu, Snorunt
- Tier 2: Dewgong
- Tier 3: Jynx, Azumarill, Piloswine
- Tier 4: Feraligatr
- Tier 5: Rayquaza
Check out the complete list of Raid Counters here.
Swablu is available shiny
- Altaria requires 400 Swablu candy
- Volbeat - Europe, Asia
- Illumise - Americas, Africa(???)
- Tropius - Africa(???)
New Nesting Species
Check out our complete list of nesting species here.
- Casform's form is based on weather
- Normal = Cloudy and Partly Cloudy,
- Sunny = Sunny/Clear (night) and Windy
- Rainy = Rainy
- Snowy = Snowy and Foggy
- A caught Castform retains their form and moveset
- Ditto can be disguised as a Taillow
Official Press Release
Prepare for exciting new adventures as you encounter even more Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region on February 9! Alongside several Flying- and Dragon-type Pokémon appearing in Pokémon GO for the first time, the Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will descend from the ozone layer and become available in Raid Battles for a limited time.
In celebration, Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will take over wild encounters until February 13. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to catch powerful Pokémon such as Salamence, Altaria, Metagross, and more!
The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will be appearing in Raid Battles in Gyms near you until March 16. You’ll also have a chance to battle the Legendary Water-type Pokémon Kyogre before it swims away on February 14. Will you be the first to catch all three ancient Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region?
Even more surprises await nearby! In addition to these Pokémon being available in the wild, you might see some different Pokémon in Raid Battles at your nearby Gym, and from hatched Eggs.
With all of these Pokémon to catch and power up, it’s important to stock up on supplies. Starting February 9, new special boxes–which include Raid Passes, Incubators, and Star Pieces–will be available in the in-game store until February 23. In addition, Lure Modules will remain activated for six hours until February 23! These items will be perfect aids in your Pokémon GO adventure.
Get out there and make progress on completing your Pokédex! As you’re outside exploring the world, be sure to share your favorite AR photos and best catches using #PokemonGO on your preferred social media channel.
—The Pokémon GO team