Hatchathon 2020 Details
Hatchathon 2020 is now live for players across the globe! The latest iteration of this event brings with it bonuses both new and old, giving players both new and old the incentive to get out and play!
This event runs until Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
What's an event without its bonuses? The Hatchathon 2020 brings with it the following:
- 2x Hatch Candy
- 2x Hatch Stardust
- Guaranteed Adventure Sync 50k Rewards: 50,000 Stardust, 15 Rare Candies, and a guaranteed Unova Stone
These bonuses are great. 2x Hatch Stardust can rack up very quickly if you synchronize and use Star Pieces, and the 50k reward for the week is genuinely stellar. Just remember to be in-game before 9:00 a.m. local time on Monday to use a Star Piece! Past stardust boosted Adventure Sync stardust bonuses have been boostable!
Party Hat Pokemon
As was discovered via datamining a few weeks ago, this event brings a new set of "special hat" Pokemon; and it's not just Pikachu this time! The following Pokemon can be obtained with party hats on, and all of them can be shiny!
Instead of the normal "wild caught" method, these special hat variants are available via various sources:
- Pichu: 2k and 7k Egg Hatches
- Pikachu: Wild
- Wurmple: 2k Egg Hatches
- Raticate: Raids
- Wobuffet: Raids
To finish this all off, we also have a new 2020 set of Glasses for avatars to help ring the new year in.
Be it bonuses or just a bit of fun, now is a great time to get out there and Go! Let's all do our best to make the first event of 2020 one to remember!
Ready those Incubators! The Adventure Sync Hatchathon is back, and it’s the perfect time to get a leg up on your New Year’s resolutions. During the Adventure Sync Hatchathon, you can be rewarded with extra Stardust, Rare Candies, and a Unova Stone if you walk a certain distance. You can find Pokémon wearing party hats by hatching Eggs and encountering Pokémon in the wild, too.
Date + Time
From Thursday, January 2, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, January 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- You might be able to hatch a Pichu or Wurmple wearing a party hat from a 2 km Egg.
- You’ll have the chance to hatch Pichu wearing party hats from 7 km Eggs.
- In two-star raids, you’ll have the chance to challenge Raticate and Wobbuffet wearing party hats.
- In the wild, Pikachu wearing party hats will be available to catch.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raticate, Pikachu, Pichu, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple—all of them wearing party hats!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- 2× Hatch Stardust
- Adventure Sync reward for walking 50 km: 50,000 Stardust, 15 Rare Candies, and a guaranteed Unova Stone
- Celebrate 2020 with the 2020 Specs! Now available in the Style Shop.
Be sure to share your GO Snapshot photos of Wurmple wearing a party hat on social media with #GOsnapshot! Let’s GO!
—The Pokémon GO team