January's dual-Community Days are over, so now it's time to look into February. And it seems that we don't have to look very far, as Niantic has given us confirmation that the next focus will be on the Generation 2/Johto Pokemon, Hoppip. We've got a brand new Flying Type move hitting the game just for Hoppip's evolved form, Jumpluff, and the ever-popular 3x Catch Stardust bonus to look forward to as well!
Hoppip Community Day
|Event Start||Event End|
|11:00 a.m. local time||5:00 p.m. local time|
- Hoppip will spawn en-masse and with an increased shiny rate
- Any Skiploom evolved into Jumpluff during event hours will learn the brand-new Flying Type move, Accrobatics
- While the full stats have not been revealed yet, it is stated to have 100 base power for PvE, and 100 base power for PvP
- 3x Catch Stardust
- 3 free Raid Passes will be available during event hours by spinning Gyms
- Catching Hoppip in parks will grant additional XL candy for players Level 40 or over, and parks will also have a higher chance of spawning Hoppip's evolved form: Skiploom.
- Incense will last for 3 hours
- A special paid research line named "Hop, Skip, and Jump" will be available from the shop for $1.
We’re excited to announce that Hoppip, the Cottonweed Pokémon, will be featured during February’s Community Day event!
February Community Day
Saturday, February 12, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
Hoppip will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
: If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Evolve Skiploom (Hoppip’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Jumpluff that knows the Charged Attack Acrobatics.
Jumpluff will be able to learn the Charged Attack Acrobatics.
- Trainer Battles: 110 damage
- Gyms and raids: 100 damage
Community Day Special Research Story: A Hop, Skip, and Jump Away
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Hoppip Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, A Hop, Skip, and Jump Away!
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the A Hop, Skip, and Jump Away Special Research story go live.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
3× Catch Stardust
Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
Get up to three free Raid Passes from Gyms during the event and up to two hours after the event.
Chance for Skiploom to appear in Parks alongside Hoppip.
Bonus Hoppip XL Candy from Skiploom caught in Parks.
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, two Super Incubators, six Star Pieces, and an Elite Fast TM.
- A bundle containing 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop at no cost. Be sure to pick it up during the event!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team