Niantic has announced a new type of event set to debut later this month: Catch Mastery!
For this event, a specific Pokemon will begin spawning in large numbers in the wild along-side a special timed research line. This seems like a bit of a hybrid between Community Day and Spotlight Hour with a longer duration. And the first Pokemon that will be featured for this new line will be Drifloon!
|Event Start||Event End|
|8:00 a.m. Local Time||10:00 p.m. Local Time|
- Drifloon will appear more frequently in the wild
- An exclusive timed research line will be able
- Special field research tasks will be available that will reward Gengar Mega Energy!
- Additional EXP will be given out for Nice, Great, Excellent, and Curveball throws
Overall, this is not a bad event! Drifblim has recently risen to become a bit of a star in the Great league, and has become a good Pokemon in the Ultra League. This will grant many players a chance to hunt for good PvP stats and add it to their teams. On top of that, the ability to score some Gengar Mega Energy without having to pay for it is nice as well.
Halloween is right around the corner, and Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often! It’s time to put your catching skills to the test during the Catch Mastery: Ghost event!
Date + Time
Sunday, October 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
- Drifloon will be appearing more often in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one.
- There will be exclusive Timed Research available only during this event!
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Ghost-type Pokémon and earn Gengar Mega Energy.
- During this event, you’ll earn additional XP when catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, Excellent, and Curveball Throws.
It’s time to show those Ghost-type Pokémon that we’re not afraid of them, no matter how spooky they might be! Catch as many as you can, Trainer, before they get a chance to scare you off!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team