Rivals' week is coming, and Niantic has given us details on what to expect. We've got a few potentially interesting Pokemon that will begin spawning, including two brand new releases, so let's get to it and break down the event!
|Event Start||Event End|
|April 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time||April 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time|
- Skrelp and Clauncher are set to be released. Spoiler: neither has much potential currently.
- A special global challenge will be available to allow players to unlock 2x Catch Stardust for the event
- Pokemon "known for their rivalries" will spawn in the wild more frequently
- A special selection of Pokemon will be hatching from 5k eggs for the event
- A special selection of Pokemon will be appearing in raids for the event
- An event-exclusive field research line will be available
- Team Rocket will be more active at Pokestops, and the balloon will appear more frequently.
Some legends arise from the power of friendship—while others arise from fierce rivalries! The Season of Legends continues with Rivals’ Week, an event celebrating rivalries between Pokémon. Skrelp and Clauncher will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! Plus, Therian Forme Landorus will be appearing in five-star raids for the first time!
Date + Time
Tuesday, April 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, April 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Skrelp and Clauncher will be making their Pokémon GO debuts! They’ll be appearing in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete Field Research tasks.
- Therian Forme Landorus is also making its Pokémon GO debut! Encounter the Abundance Pokémon in five-star raids.
- Enjoy the Rivals’ Week challenge in the Global Challenge Arena! All Trainers around the world can work together to win Raid Battles and unlock a 2× Catch Stardust bonus for the duration of the event!
- Pokémon known for their rivalries will be appearing more often in the wild, such as Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, Seviper, and more!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs throughout the event: Machop, Tyrogue, Elekid, Magby, Makuhita, Meditite, Zangoose, and Seviper.
- Rivalries will continue in raids as well! Pokémon like Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Zangoose, Seviper, and more will be appearing in raids!
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that will lead to encounters with rival Pokémon, such as Skrelp and Clauncher, as well.
- Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket will be taking over PokéStops more often. Their balloons will also be appearing more frequently!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team