Niantic has announced that they've implemented yet another moveset revamp! This is in honor of Grass Type month, and it has a number of Grass Type bonuses! Apparently these changes strictly effect the PVP meta, so let's get into it!
Bullet Seed generates energy faster
Energy Ball charges faster and can lower the opponent's defense by 1 stage
Leaf Tornado can now lower the opponent's attack by 1 or 2 stages UPDATE: After through testing, it seems that Leaf Tornado consistently drops enemy attack by 2 stages despite the release notes.
Ancient Power has lowered damage
Silver Wind has lowered damage
Ominous Wind has lowered damage and charges less quickly
Bellossom: Bullet Seed
Jumpluff: Aerial Ace
Ludicolo: Energy Ball
Cradily: Bullet Seed
Sunshine Cherrim: Weatherball (Fire)
Our team is currently testing these changes, so expect an article discussing these changes and their impact on the meta soon. Expect the newly updated Pokemon and movesets to be updated in our databases soon!
In celebration of Pokémon’s Grass-type month, we’d like to highlight some changes to Grass-type attacks and Grass-type Pokémon in Trainer Battles, along with a few other changes.
Updates to existing attacks in Pokémon GO
There have been updates to the following existing attacks in Pokémon GO.
- Bullet Seed - This Grass-type Fast Attack now generates energy more quickly.
- Energy Ball - This Grass-type Charged Attack now reaches full charge more quickly and has a chance of lowering the opponent’s Defense by one stage.
- Leaf Tornado - This Grass-type Charged Attack now has a chance of decreasing your opponent’s Attack by one or two stages.
- Ancient Power - The damage that this Rock-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles.
- Silver Wind - The damage that this Bug-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles.
- Ominous Wind - The damage that this Ghost-type Charged Attack deals has been decreased in Trainer Battles. It also reaches full charge less quickly.
These changes will make Ancient Power, Silver Wind, and Ominous Wind more strategically similar to other moves that affect stats but with higher risk for the higher reward offered by these moves.
Pokémon that can learn more attacks
The following Pokémon will be able to learn attacks they couldn’t before.
- Bellossom: Bullet Seed - The combination of this Grass-type Fast Attack with Bellossom’s Grass-type Charged Attack Leaf Blade makes Bellossom a powerful option as a Grass-type lead.
- Jumpluff: Aerial Ace - Pairing the Flying-type Charged Attack Aerial Ace with the Grass-type Fast Attack Bullet Seed allows Jumpluff to use Charged Attacks more quickly.
- Ludicolo: Energy Ball - This attack reaches full charge faster than Solar Beam, giving the Carefree Pokémon access to a different Grass-type Charged Attack to use with different play styles. Energy Ball could pair well with Bubble, one of Ludicolo’s Fast Attacks!
- Cradily: Bullet Seed - This Grass-type Fast Attack will charge up Cradily’s Charged Attacks faster.
- Sunshine Form Cherrim: Fire-type Weather Ball - This Fire-type Charged Attack is fitting for a Pokémon that appears when it’s sunny out.
- Tangrowth: Rock Slide - Tangrowth can continue having a dominating lead against Kyogre and Groudon in Master League while making the Flying-type Pokémon often used to counter it more dependent on Protect Shields.
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team