Niantic is partnering with GrubHub to bring us a sponsored event... one that we'll have to sign up for in order to take advantage of. We're not going to go into what GrubHub has to offer here, but signing up for their service or registering their existing service via a special link by October 28th (we're only posting the link here for those interested. Gamepress in no way endorses this). Once this is complete and the tickets go out, players will be able to enter their special code which will be sent out starting on November 4th on Niantic's Offer Redemption site in order to gain access to the event when it begins.
|Event Start||Event End|
|November 8, 11:00 a.m. local time||November 8, 2:00 p.m. local time|
- Timed research will be available that will reward 100 Charizard Energy, 3 Incense, 1 Star Piece, and a handful of special reward Pokemon.
- A special selection of Pokemon will be attracted to Incense for the event's duration. Note that Incense no longer has a heightened spawn rate when not moving, and that Unown H and G will not spawn in their shiny formes for this event. The featured shiny of this event is Ferroseed.
We’re excited to announce that we’re partnering with our friends at Grubhub to give Trainers in the United States the opportunity to take part in an exclusive event. Trainers will be able to participate in a Special Weekend event! Don’t miss your chance to take part in this exciting in-game event.
Special Weekend event, presented by Grubhub!
Starting today, October 15, 2020, Trainers in the United States can sign up to take part in an exclusive event: the Special Weekend. Trainers who submit their email here and join Grubhub+—the membership offering one-of-a-kind rewards for the food and restaurants they love—will get a ticket to the event (while supplies last). As Grubhub+ members, Trainers can enjoy unlimited free delivery from their favorite restaurants, exclusive member perks, and more! Tickets are limited to one per Pokémon GO account and will be available until October 28. Learn more here.
The tickets provide Trainers access to event-exclusive Timed Research and special Pokémon attracted to Incense on Sunday, November 8, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time anywhere in the United States. Upon ticket redemption, players participating will receive an exclusive event badge.
Date + Time
Sunday, November 8, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- Complete the event Timed Research to earn three Incense, a Star Piece, and 100 Charizard Mega Energy, as well as encounters with Chansey, Spoink, Mawile, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle!
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Unown G, Unown H, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, and Ferroseed. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Ferroseed!
- Please note that Shiny Unown will not be appearing during this event.
- Incense activated during the event will last for one hour.
How to get a ticket
You can obtain a ticket for the Special Weekend by completing the following actions by October 28 (while supplies last).
- Submit your email address on the Special Weekend page. You will then receive an email from Grubhub within 48 hours.
- If you’re new to Grubhub+, sign up for a Grubhub+ trial using the link in the email and following the prompts.
- Special Weekend tickets will be sent out starting on November 4 via an email from Grubhub.
- Tickets are available to new and current Grubhub+ members.
- Trainers who are new to Grubhub+ must join using the link in the email described above, and will also receive a 14-day free trial through this promotion.
- Trainers who are current Grubhub+ members must only submit their email address on the Special Weekend event page by October 28 in order to register for this promotion and receive a ticket.
- Tickets will be sent out starting on November 4.
- More information about the process and eligibility can be found here.
- Only one code can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. Codes are personal and cannot be transferred.
- Available in the U.S. only.
Tickets redemption will be available on the Niantic Redemption portal from Wednesday, November 4, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8), to Sunday, November 8, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). You’ll be able to redeem the promotional code included in the ticket on our Offer Redemption website (visit this help center article for more information on how to redeem promotional codes).
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team