In honor of Spring coming in the northern hemisphere, Niantic has announced a new event starting soon!
|Event Start||Event End|
|April 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time||Thursday, April 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time|
- Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchicwill appear more frequently in the wild
- Shiny Exeggcute will be released
- Buneary and Pikachu will be available with flower crowns in the wild
- 2k eggs will hatch the following Pokemon: Flower Crown Pichu, Flower Crown Togepi, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu
- Gifts will drop 2k eggs instead of 7k eggs
- Exclusive research tasks for Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and Audino
- 2x Hatch Candy
- 1 Hour Lucky Eggs
- The release of Togepi-themed avatar items
This should be a great chance for players to get some rare Pokemon that they may have missed, such as Audino, as well as candy for potentially rare Pokemon. In particular, Togepi's final evolution, Togekiss, has a very strong presence in the upcoming Master League, and Riolu's evolution, Lucario, is well known as the top fighting type raid attacker in the game right now. Keep an eye on our events page to keep track of this and other Pokemon Go Events!
Spring has sprung for those of you in the northern hemisphere, and what better way to celebrate than with a springtime event! Buneary joins the celebration by wearing a flower crown, while egg- and spring-themed Pokémon are appearing more often in the wild! Pokémon Eggs just got eggs-tra special too, as Pichu and Togepi with flower crowns will be hatching from them.
We're continuing to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings. You’ll receive 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators until further notice, so be sure to turn on Adventure Sync and make every step count.
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchic. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Exeggcute!
- Buneary wearing flower crowns and Pikachu wearing flower hats will also be appearing in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny ones, too!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi wearing a flower crown, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu.
- All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will be 2 km Eggs.
- There will be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward encounters with Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and—if you’re extremely lucky—Audino!
- A Togepi-themed bag and hoodie will be available in the in-game shop!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
And remember that as mentioned above, a 1/2 Hatch Distance bonus is ongoing until further notice—which means it will be applied during this event! Just make sure to place your Eggs into Incubators while the bonus is running.
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team