Spring is here for the northern hemisphere, and Easter is just days away. The sun is out, the eggs are ready to be colored, and the new Spring themed event for Pokemon Go is ready to help us usher in the new, including the debut of out first Fighting Type Mega Evolution, Mega Lopunny.
|Event Start||Event End|
|April 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time||April 8, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time|
- 2x Hatch Candy
- 1/2 Hatch Distance
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
- A Spring Collection Challenge will be available that will reward premium items and even Mega Lopunny energy
- A special set of Pokemon will be spawning in the wild
- Shiny Bunnelby will be released
- 2k eggs will hatch a special variety of Pokemon
- Pikachu, Pichu and Eevee will be obtainable with flower crowns via their respective event means listed above.
- For the first time, Happiny will hatch from eggs with a flower crown, and Chansey will be available in the wild with a flower crown. Chansey will also be able to evolve into Blissey with a flower crown.
- Special field research tasks will be available
- Special stickers will be obtainable
- Shadow Exeggute will be obtainable from Team Rocket grunts at a higher than normal rate.
Mega Lopunny's Debut
Niantic is going on-theme for April's new Mega Evolution release with Mega Lopunny. Lopunny has long been nothing more than a dex filler due to its low stats and worthless typing, but it's finally getting a chance to shine due to the title of "first Fighting Type Mega Evolution". This alone gives it value, and its ability to debut before the other Fighting Type Mega Evolutions, especially the monster that is Mega Lucario, opens up a nice niche for however long it can hold its title.
So let's take a look at this rabbit to see just how hard it can kick:
Before the Mega Boost, its power is not really worth mentioning. Despite its high Attack stat, its moveset is lackluster enough to make it fall into obscurity. However, post-boost it becomes a powerful Pokemon about on a par with Shadow Machamp with the ability to boost other Pokemon at the same time.
So is it going to be worth farming Mega Energy? Well, yes and no. We'll be getting free energy via the event, so that's nice. Beyond that, we all know that Fighting is one of the most pervasive and useful types in the game, so having a Mega ready to go is always great. Going even deeper, its long-term utility will largely depend on its energy cost. If it's on a par with most Mega Evolutions, then it will definitely fall into obscurity some day. However, if it can be a budget pick like Mega Beedrill or Mega Pidgeot, then it may hold a niche for its general accessibility and ease of use. Here's hoping that it's the latter case.
Spring has sprung in the northern hemisphere, and we’re celebrating with a spring-themed event! Look out for Chansey, Happiny, and some other familiar Pokémon wearing flower crowns. Plus, Mega Lopunny will be making its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids!
Date + Time
Sunday, April 4, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Pikachu wearing a flower crown, Exeggcute, Marill, Plusle, Minun, Buneary, Bunnelby, and more. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bunnelby!
- Chansey wearing flower crowns will be appearing in the wild, and Happiny wearing flower crowns will be hatching from Eggs! If you evolve a Chansey wearing a flower crown into Blissey, that Blissey be wearing a flower crown, too. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Chansey or a Shiny Happiny!
- Shadow Exeggcute will be appearing more often in Team GO Rocket battles!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Exeggcute, Eevee wearing a flower crown, Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi, Azurill, Buneary, Happiny wearing a flower crown, Munchlax, Rufflet, and Bunnelby.
- Mega Lopunny will make its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids! Other spring-themed Pokémon will be appearing in raids as well. There will also be Mega Lopunny–inspired avatar items available in the shop!
- Event-exclusive spring-themed Gift stickers will be available from PokéStops and Gifts during the event, so be sure to get them while they’re available!
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research tasks to encounter Azumarill, Rufflet, and more!
- Complete the spring-themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting featured Pokémon to receive a Lucky Egg, Mega Lopunny Energy, and XP. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
- 1/2 Egg Hatch Distance when you place an Egg in an Incubator during the event
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team