The Tricky Pokemon Event, which focuses on Pokemon that are well known for their mischievous ways, is coming once again. This one-day event poised at the very start of April (hmm...) is set to take center stage for one day, giving us a few changes to gameplay that are potentially fairly interesting.
Tricky Pokemon Event
|Start Time||End Time|
|12:00 a.m. local time||11:59 p.m. local time|
- Pokemon that are "prone to mischief" will spawn more frequently in the wild
- Ditto will also spawn more frequently, and will be disguised as more Pokemon
- Snapshots will render special Pokemon encounters during the event
- Rocket Grunts will appear more frequently at stops and in balloons, and they will all invariably be carrying Shadow Aipom.
- A Timed Research will be available from April 1st until April 8th that will grant a Super Rocket Radar. This may be replacing the existing research method to obtain it, so be sure to take this opportunity! Giovanni will have Shadow Zapdos for April.
- The switch timer for Go Battle League will be cut in half for the duration of the event.
The Tricky Pokémon event is back, and mischievous Pokémon seem to be causing more trouble than usual! Throughout Thursday, April 1, 2021, Pokémon prone to mischief will be appearing more often in the wild—some of them may even be Ditto in disguise! Some of them appear to be causing trouble for Team GO Rocket, too, so it’s the perfect time to complete Team GO Rocket Timed Research and rescue Shadow Zapdos from Giovanni’s clutches!
Date + Time
Thursday, April 1, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time
- Pokémon prone to mischief—like Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin—will be appearing more often in the wild!
- Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket Grunts will only have Shadow Aipom on their teams during the event. They thought catching Aipom would put a stop to their pranks—but how wrong they were!
- Team GO Rocket will be appearing more often at PokéStops and in balloons.
- The Team GO Rocket Timed Research launching during this event will be available from Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time. Complete it within that time to earn a Super Rocket Radar and other rewards!
- The switch timer in the GO Battle League will be cut in half! Could this be more Pokémon mischief at work?
- Take a few snapshots for a surprise!
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We’ve also received reports of Ditto transforming into one more Pokémon species than before, and it seems this phenomenon will continue after the event concludes.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team