In order to ease the burden of gameplay while so many are quarantined or practicing social-distancing, Niantic has released yet another set of changes to Pokemon Go.
- 3x Stardust for first catch of the day/7-day streaks
- Players can now hold 20 gifts at a time, and open 30 per day
- New 1 Pokecoin boxes will be rotated in every Monday
We currently have two 1-Pokecoin boxes: one for 30 Incense, and a newly released box with 100 Pokeballs. Both of these boxes will be removed on Monday, March 30, so grab them while you can!
Next week we'll have a new 1-Pokecoin box, so keep an eye open! Thanks, Niantic, for making gameplay a bit easier for those of us who are trying to flatten the curve!
The following changes have been made to Pokémon GO until further notice.
- 3× Stardust and XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day: Be sure to activate a Star Piece and Lucky Egg to maximize your rewards.
- Changes to Gifts: The number of Gifts you can open daily will now increase to 30, and the number of Gifts you can carry in your inventory will increase to 20. Gifts will also contain more Poké Balls. We appreciate your patience as we continue to prioritize updates that make gameplay more accessible and enjoyable at this time.
Rotating 1 PokéCoin bundles in the shop! New 1 PokéCoin bundles will be available in the shop each week as one-time purchases. The contents of these bundles change weekly, so be sure to get what is available each week. Right now, a new 1 PokéCoin bundle is available for you that contains the following.
Poké Balls × 100
You can access the above bundle (along with the one-time-purchase bundle of 30 Incense for 1 PokéCoin that was already available) from now until Monday, March 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
The Incense and Poké Ball bundles will both be removed at that time, and a new 1 PokéCoin bundle will be available.
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game-event and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team