Go Fest 2021 is coming, and in the initial announcement for the grand event, we were told that we'd be able to enjoy an emphasis on raiding this time around.
Last year, we got to enjoy Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza on day 1, followed by Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's two formes on day two.
These were great goals, considering their rarity, but what the heck can Niantic to do top that this year?
....well, they're giving us (nearly) every five star Legendary raid boss that we've ever had at the same time.
Go Fest Raids
|Raids Start||Raids End|
|10:00 a.m. local time||6:00 p.m. local time|
The raid bosses will be broken up into hourly blocks, so players will be able to aim for their goals in advance.
Wind Hour: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Lava Hour: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Frost Hour: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note that Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will only spawn in their normal regions, though remote raids will still be a viable way to obtain any non-native Legendary Pokemon.
Thunder Hour: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
To top this cornucopia of Legendary Pokemon off, we can also enjoy the following bonuses:
- Gain an additional 10,000 XP per raid completed
- Gain up to 10 raid passes for the day by spinning gyms
- A timed-research line will be available to obtain up to 8 remote raid passes
- A special bundle of 3 remote raid passes will be available in the shop
We’ve received reports that every Legendary Pokémon discovered in Pokémon GO so far will be appearing in five-star raids during Pokémon GO Fest 2021! Strange, right? This sort of thing hasn’t happened in the world of Pokémon GO before, so we’re just as puzzled as you are. Hopefully we’ll get some answers during the event as to why this is happening.
Please note that it might be challenging to battle and catch every Legendary Pokémon in the allotted time frame, so plan accordingly!
Date + Time
Sunday, July 18, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time
- Legendary Pokémon will be appearing globally in five-star raids! Each Pokémon will be appearing during one of four themed hours that will be on a rotation throughout the event.
- During Wind Hour, occurring from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. local time, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Regigigas, Altered Forme Giratina, Cresselia, and Therian Forme Tornadus will be appearing in five-star raids.
- During Lava Hour, occurring from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time, Moltres, Entei, Regirock, Groudon, Heatran, Reshiram, Therian Forme Landorus, and Yveltal will be appearing in five-star raids.
- During Frost Hour, occurring from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Articuno, Suicune, Lugia, Regice, Kyogre, Palkia, and Kyurem will be appearing in five-star raids. Plus, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will be appearing in five-star raids in the regions that they normally appear in!
- During Thunder Hour, occurring from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time, Zapdos, Raikou, Registeel, Rayquaza, Dialga, Therian Forme Thundurus, Zekrom, and Xerneas will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Mythical Pokémon will not be appearing in five-star raids.
While all Trainers will be able to participate in this raid extravaganza regardless of whether they have a Pokémon GO Fest 2021 ticket, ticket holders will enjoy the following benefits.
- Earn an extra 10,000 XP for winning a Raid Battle.
- Spin Gym Photo Discs to earn up to 10 Raid Passes. These can be used for in-person raids.
- Complete Timed Research to earn up to eight Remote Raid Passes. These can be used to join a raid remotely.
- Pick up an event bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes! The bundle will be available in the shop on Sunday, July 18, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.
Tickets are available now! For more information on what you can expect from GO Fest this year, check out our blog. Remember: there’s a ton to look forward to with raids this summer! Be sure to check out all the exciting updates to raids we have in store.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team