With the majority of the world now on the precipice of the Kanto Tour's debut, Niantic has given us what is likely to be the final bit of information pre-event. Between bonuses and a few previously unconfirmed changes, we're in for a fun ride!
- The event will include 10 different collection challenge to complete
- The special event line for the event must be started during event hours, and can be completed at any time post-event.
- After the basic research, players will be granted access to the Masterwork Research, which is designed to be finished over a longer period of time
- This research is also where players will be able to obtain Shiny Mew.
- As stated, we will have access to Articuno with Hurricane, Zapdos with Thundershock, Moltres with Sky Attack, and Mewtwo with Psystrike as raid bosses during the event
- Free item bundles will be available during the event, and will include free remote raid passes and 200 Pokeballs
- Players will be given nine free raid passes during the event by spinning gyms. Keep in mind that players will likely only be able to access these one at a time.
- The regional-exclusive Pokemon from Kanto will be available as raid bosses
Features and Bonuses
- Incense will specifically attract Pokemon exclusive to the ticket-version that a player holds
- The winners of the previously held Kanto Tour contest will appear in-game as NPCs
- The Kanto Starters will be able to learn their respective Community Day moves if evolved during the event! This point was a source of confusion for many in our original announcement as it was never confirmed before now to the public, but our sources were official, and now it's been confirmed true! (though honestly, it's had us sweating for a while!)
Themed Event Hours
Lastly, here's a bit of information on the proceedings. Every 1-2 hour segment of the event will reflect a specific theme that roughly follows the progression through the original Pokemon games. Here are the themes for each hour of the event:
|Start Time||End Time||Theme|
|9:00 a.m.||10:00 a.m.||Pallet Town|
|10:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Pewter City|
|11:00 a.m.||12:00 p.m.||Cerulean City|
|12:00 p.m.||1:00 p.m.||Fuchsia City|
|1:00 p.m.||2:00 p.m.||Pokémon League|
|2:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m.||Pallet Town|
|3:00 p.m.||4:00 p.m.||Pewter City|
|4:00 p.m.||5:00 p.m.||Cerulean City|
|5:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m.||Fuchsia City|
|6:00 p.m.||7:00 p.m.||Pokémon League|
|7:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Pokémon from all previous hours|
Note that each of these themes will include a special musical arrangement to accompany them, so be sure to turn up your music!
Here are the reported spawns for each of these themed hours:
on top of this, the following Pokemon will be available as reward encounters during the Special Research:
All-in-all, we have a lot going on! Hope that everyone stays safe, as this will likely be my last news update for Gamepress before I disappear into the nostalgia of Kanto. I've got my heart set on a high-IV Pidgey, and I hope that everyone gets exactly what they want out of Kanto Tour!