Season of Celebration
|Season Start||Season End|
|December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time||March 1, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. local time|
- Seasonal Events
- A new set of global spawns
- A new set of spawns based on global hemisphere
- A new set of Pokemon hatching from eggs
- Changes to Mega Evolution availability/boosts
During a given season, events are stated to have a tendency to follow the flow of the season in which they appear. Confirmed for this season are events featuring each of the main-series regions currently featured in Pokemon Go: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos.
New Global Spawns
Niantic has announced a shake-up of existing spawns globally, with specific species appearing more or less frequently throughout the season
New Hemisphere-Based Spawns
Because the northern and southern hemispheres enjoy opposite seasons at any given time of the year, each will also see a change in spawns to match their given season. For example: the northern hemisphere is under the blanket of winter, so we'll see more Ice Types spawning. Meanwhile, the southern hemisphere is enjoying the heat of summer, so more Fire Types will begin showing up.
Egg Pool Changes
It's that time again! A new set of Pokemon will begin hatching from different eggs soon, so expect an update to our egg page as soon as we get the data!
Changes to Mega Evolution Availability/Boosts
It seems that Mega Raids are going to be evening out, as with the introduction of the season system, we'll only have Mega Charizard X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Abomasnow to choose from. And to top that all off, Mega Charizard X will enjoy a CP boost through the first half of Decembet!
December 2020 Community Day
'Tis The Season for Community Day Reruns!
As has been tradition, December is the family-reunion for all of our Community Day Pokemon... but this year, the family is not all together complete, as only 2019-2020 Community Day Pokemon are featured!
|Community Day 1||December 12, 2020|
|Community Day 2||December 13, 2020|
We don't have much information, but we do know that all featured Pokemon from the past two years will be available more frequently in the wild and in raids, so keep an eye out for more news as it surfaces!
As the world outside rotates through winter, spring, summer, and autumn, the world of Pokémon GO will change with the seasons! We’re excited to announce that the first Pokémon GO Season has begun—the Season of Celebration! You can learn more about Pokémon GO Seasons here.
Season of Celebration
The Season of Celebration will run from Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 1, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. local time! Here’s a look at what you can look forward to.
- During this Season, you can expect to participate in a series of in-game events celebrating different regions of the Pokémon world, including Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos!
- During this Season, Trainers can expect to see different Pokémon in the wild more often! In addition, you can expect to see different Pokémon appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in.
- Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! Growlithe and Wingull will be hatching from 2 km Eggs, and Baltoy and Ducklett will be hatching from 5 km Eggs. Shinx will be hatching from the 5 km Eggs you receive from Adventure Sync rewards instead of Ducklett. Seel, Aron, and Elgyem will no longer be hatching from Eggs.
- Pokémon appearing more often in the northern hemisphere this Season include Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Seel, Lapras, Teddiursa, Winter Form Deerling, and more!
- Pokémon appearing more often in the southern hemisphere this Season include Growlithe, Shuckle, Electrike, Burmy, Darumaka, Summer Form Deerling, and more!
- Mega Charizard X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Abomasnow will be the only Pokémon appearing in Mega Raids throughout December! Different Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids in the new year, so keep a lookout!
- Mega Charizard X will be more powerful during the first half of December! Other Mega-Evolved Pokémon may become more powerful at different times throughout the Season of Celebration, so stay tuned for updates.
And that’s not all! Here are some other events you can expect to happen during this Season.
- December Community Day: As we say goodbye to 2020, let’s take a look back on the Community Days we shared together. This year, our final Community Day event will be held on Saturday, December 12, and Sunday, December 13, 2020. Throughout the event, Pokémon featured in Community Day events throughout 2019 and 2020 will be appearing more frequently in the wild and in raids, so this event will be a great time for you to catch Pokémon featured in any Community Day events you may have missed! Stay tuned for more details soon!
- GO Battle League Season 6: Starting with Season 6, the GO Battle League will expand from 10 to 24 ranks, and the top four ranks will have all-new names and corresponding badges. The expanded ranks will be accompanied by a totally new reward structure, which gives you more opportunities to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up. You can expect the GO Battle League rewards to be tied to the theme of the current Season, too! Season 6 begins Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Learn more here.
- Kalos Celebration event: From Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will be appearing in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids for the first time! You can also look forward to exclusive Field Research and Timed Research during this event. Stay tuned for more details soon!
- More coming soon! Even more fun winter- and holiday-themed events will be tap-tap-tapping their way toward you soon! Stay tuned for details.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.