Hoopa's time in the spotlight has come to a close, though it will remain with us into the future. Now it's time to look forward, and the best way to do so is to look back. Just in time for the 2021 Holiday season, Pokemon Go is entering the Season of Heritage, as we seek to unmask the mystery that it will hold.
The Story for the Season
This time around, Professor Sycamore has stumbled on a door with a unique locking mechanism. The door appears to have 3 individual locks on it based on the promotional image (seen as the title image of this article), and each month has a focus on each of the three team leaders, so it seems likely that this will be the proverbial key to victory. Unlike the Season of Mischief, we currently haven't been given any hard clues as to what the final goal of this season will be, so it should be interesting to see how everything unfolds!
The Season of Heritage
|Season Start||Season End|
|December 1, 2021||March 1, 2022|
- Incense will have greater effectiveness when moving or stationary
- Pokemon will deal more damage in raids
- Pokestops will always give gifts if the player has room
- One additional Candy will be granted with each trade, and every trade will grant a guaranteed XL Candy for players Lv.40 and above.
Monthly Seasonal Bonuses
Every month during this season will have its own unique set of bonuses, and timed research lines as well.
Blanche takes the lead during December, as the apparent host of this portion of the season's proceedings. Players will be able to enjoy 2x Stardust for their first catch of the day throughout the month, and players will be able to obtain special rewards based on the total amount of Stadust earned throughout the month:
- 500 Stardust: 10 Pokeballs
- 1,000 Stardust: 10 Razz Berries
- 3,000 Stardust: Rhyhorn Encounter
- 6,000 Stardust: 15 Pinap Berries
- 10,000 Stardust: Onix Encounter
- 15,000 Stardus: 25 Pokeballs
- 20,000 Stardust: 15 Nanab Berries
- 30,000 Stardust: Staryu Encounter
- 40,000 Stardust: 2 silver Pinap Berries
- 60,000 Stardust: Alolan Exeggutor
- 70,000 Stardust: 25 Ultra Balls
- 85,000 Stardust: Deino Encounter
- 100,000 Stardust: 5,000 XP
- 120,000 Stardust: 1 Lucky Egg, Deino Hat Avatar Item
Spark takes the lead here, acting as our host for the XP-focused portion of the season. This month will grant players 2x XP for their first catch of the day, and will give us a new set of special rewards based on total XP earned throughout the month:
- 1,000 XP:15 Pokeballs
- 6,000 XP: 1 Lure Module
- 15,000 XP: Cranidos Encounter
- 25,000 XP: 15 Razz Berries
- 350,000 XP: 25 Pokeballs
- This number should probably be 35,000, but 350,000 is the requirement shown on the official news post as of the publishing of this article.
- 47,500 XP: Porygon encounter
- 60,000 XP: 20 Great balls
- 70,000 XP: 15 Pinap Berries
- 90,000 XP: Shedinja Encounter
- 110,000 XP: 25 Ultra Balls
- 130,000 XP: Togetic Encounter
- 150,000 XP: Golden Razz Berry
- 175,000 XP: Goomy Encounter
- 200,000 XP: 2,500 Stardust
- 240,000 XP: 1 Star Piece, Goomy Hat Avatar Item
Candela takes center-stage for the final month of the Season of Heritage, giving us 2x XP from egg hatches and greater odds of obtaining XL candy from egg hatches. Our goal this time around is catching Pokemon:
- Catch 15 Pokemon: 20Pokeballs
- Catch 35 Pokemon: 1 Incense
- Catch 55 Pokemon: Krabby Encounter
- Catch 80 Pokemon: 15 Razz Berries
- Catch 105 Pokemon: 15 Great Balls
- Catch 135 Pokemon: Gligar Encounter
- Catch 165 Pokemon: 15 Nanab Berries
- Catch 200 Pokemon: Primeape Encounter
- Catch 235 Pokemon: 2 Silver Pinap Berries
- Catch 275 Pokemon: Galarian Zigzagoon Encounter
- Catch 315 Pokemon: Pupitar Encounter
- Catch 365 Pokemon: 3 Golden Pinap Berries
- Catch 425 Pokemon: Pokemon Encounter: Noibat
- Catch 500 Pokemon: 5,000 XP
- Catch 600 Pokemon: 1 Remote Raid Pass, Noibat Hat Avatar Item
- Seasonal and Biome-Based spawns will shift
- The Egg-pool will be updated
As always, we have a set of events staged to follow the Season of Heritage. As of right now, the following dates are confirmed to have events:
- December 1, 2021
- December 5, 2021
- December 7, 2021
- December 16, 2021
The dates for January and February are currently hidden, but it wouldn't be surprising to see 4 seasonal events per month. Note that thislist is extremely unlikely to include our traditional Christmas and New Years events as well!
|Event Start||Event End|
|December 1, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. local time.||March 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time.|
This will be the introductory event of the season, and will introduce us to the main theme of the season: the aforementioned giant door that Prof. Sycamore wishes to open. Apparently, this is going to be less an event and more the starting point for our seasonal special research line.
|Event Start||Event End|
|December 5, 2021, at a11:00 a.m. local time||December 5, 2021, at a 5:00 p.m. local time|
With a focus on Blanche of Team Mystic, this event looks into the first lock on the door. The event itself is an Incense event, with bonus spawns for Ice and Ground Types, and a specific focus on Swinub.
While we don't know any of the details minus what has already been confirmed for December, we do know that Community Days will fall on December 18-19, January 16, and February 12. Now is a good time to plan accordingly.
|Event Start||Event End|
|February 26, 2022||February 27, 2022|
This will be the climax to the season, where all of our hard work will apparently pay off. Seeing a return to the format given in last year's Go Tour should be interesting!