Niantic is ticking the days down until the release of the Kanto Celebration by giving us a constant line of events based on the various regions of the Pokemon universe. And this time around we're going to revisit Sinnoh once again.
This one is actually fairly interesting. While on the surface it seems like just another region revisit, we're going to see the return of at least one worthwhile raid boss (not Heatran) and a few Pokemon that are potentially very important in the current game's meta.
|Event Start||Event End|
|January 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time||January 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time|
- A special selection of Pokemon will be appearing in the wild
- A special selection of Pokemon will be hatching from 5k eggs
- A special selection of Pokemon will be appearing in raids
Tier 1 Raids:
Tier 3 Raids:
Tier 5/Mega Raids:
- The release of the Shiny Buizel line
- A collection challenge will be available that awards players for completion
No, that is not an error. The official announcement does indeed say Shadow Stunky and Snover.
After this, we can look forward to a return to the Hoenn region, giving us a generational road-map that suggests the rise of the Johto region after that.
Time to get out there and spend those daily passes on Gible!
As we approach Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto, we’ll be spending some time highlighting other regions in the world of Pokémon. We’ve already shared our plans for the Unova Celebration event, and today we’re excited to announce that Sinnoh will be the next region featured in our countdown celebration!
Date + Time
Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, January 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bidoof, Cranidos, Shieldon, Combee, Buizel, Drifloon, Glameow, Purugly, Hippopotas, Skorupi, and Snover will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Buizel!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Kricketot, Budew, Cranidos, Shieldon, Bronzor, Bonsly, Hippopotas, and Croagunk. * Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Cranidos, Shieldon, and Buizel.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Shinx, Buizel, and Gible will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Lopunny, Hippowdon, Toxicroak, and Lumineon will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Heatran will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids.
- Complete the Sinnoh-themed Collection Challenge during the event by catching Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Cranidos, Shieldon, Combee, Buizel, Shadow Stunky, and Shadow Snover to receive Stardust, a Magnetic Lure, and 15 Ultra Balls. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
Up next: Hoenn! An event celebrating the Hoenn region will be happening from Tuesday, January 19, 2021, to Sunday, January 24, 2021. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the date!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team