New Info: Team GO Rocket Event
On November 5, 2019, Niantic officially released their Team GO Rocket boss feature. Team GO Rocket bosses are now encounterable in the wild!
Here's how it works:
- Mysterious Components are gathered from defeating Team GO Rocket grunts.
- When you get 6 Mysterious Components, the Rocket Detector is formed.
- Using the Rocket Detector will bring up a different overworld map that will direct you to the Team GO Rocket boss.
- The boss will only appear with the Rocket Detector on.
- Boss battles are similar to grunt battles, but they use shields.
- Detector is destroyed once the boss is defeated.
- One of the Pokemon from the Team GO Rocket leader's lineup will be available to capture.
It has also been confirmed that Unova Stones are included in the rewards for defeating a Team GO Rocket Leader.
NOTE: It's been confirmed via Twitter that the Team GO Rocket Leaders are only accessible by certain accounts. Players in London, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Austin have access to the feature.
Best Counters for Team GO Rocket Bosses
To take down the Pokemon that the Team GO Rocket leaders have, use these Pokemon:
Reports indicate that Cliff uses Meowth every time and can use Snorlax, Infernape, Sandslash, Flygon, Torterra, and Tyranitar.
Arlo will always start with a Scyther and follows up with Magnezone, Gyarados, Charizard, Scizor, and Dragonite.
Sierra will always have a Sneasel follows it up with Sableye, Houndoom, Gardevoir, Dragonite, Hypno, or Lapras.