In honor of the first of April, Niantic has announced a new event with a strong focus on Pokemon that have tricky gimmicks in the main series games.
|Event Start||Event End|
|April 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time||April 7, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time|
The following Pokemon all have unique functions in the main series or are known for their disguise capabilities or tendency to pull pranks.
Pokemon Hatching from 5k Eggs
The headliners for this event are as follows:
- Stunfisk: this is the grand release of this Electric/Ground Type Pokemon who has long been anticipated for its potential in the Great League. It will be available via the wild, field research, and 5k egg hatches, though it will leave the egg pool post-event
- Sudowoodo: released as a Shiny, though its pre-evolution, Bonsly, had its shiny released some time ago.
- Croagunk: initial shiny release
Beyond all of this, Ditto will be more likely to show up as a disguised Pokemon, and snapshots are more likely to be photobombed with unique Pokemon. We will also have special research tasks for special Pokemon, including one for Stunfisk!
Be sure to check our events page for condensed and easily referenced information on known events both current and future!
Do you consider yourself a prankster? Do you like how Foongus tricks Pokémon into thinking it’s a Poké Ball? Do you love how Sudowoodo mimics a tree to avoid being attacked? This April we are celebrating Tricky Pokémon with some well-known pranksters and masters of disguise will be making an appearance!
Date + Time
From Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 7, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Pokémon known to be pranksters and masters of disguise will also be appearing more often in the wild, such as Gastly, Haunter, Voltorb, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Croagunk, and Foongus. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Sudowoodo or a Shiny Croagunk!
- Stunfisk, the Trap Pokémon, will make its Pokémon GO debut! For the duration of the event, Stunfisk will be available as Field Research task reward encounters and—if you’re extremely lucky—in the wild.
After the event ends, Stunfisk will no longer hatch from 5 km Eggs. You’ll be able to encounter Stunfisk as Field Research task reward encounters or, if you’re very lucky, in the wild.
The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs: Aipom, Wynaut, Bonsly, Croagunk, and Stunfisk.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will be available. Depending on the task, you might receive a reward encounter with a Sudowoodo, Croagunk, or Stunfisk!
- Take a snapshot and see who appears!
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We also have reports of Ditto transforming into more Pokémon species than before, and it seems this phenomenon will persist after the event ends.
Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receive push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team