How to Reroll Starting Characters in Pokemon Masters
Pokemon Masters is a new mobile game based on the Pokemon franchise from DeNA. Players who have the game early may be tempted to restart a save file over and over in order to obtain a Sync Pair that they really like.
However, it should be known that there is no easy method to do this when starting the game. By the time you get into Chapter 10, you'll have only received 3,690 Gems. It costs 3,000 Gems to do a 10-pull.
Players who want to get to their first ten pull(without the login bonus) will spend over 6 hours playing through the story. Additionally, there is no benefit to holding your Gems for a 10-pull over singular pulls.
The fastest method of rerolling now is progressing through the story until the end of Chapter 1 to receive 1200 Gems.
These four rolls are the fastest to obtain.
If you are unsatisfied with your characters, click in the bottom right corner of the screen on your Poryphone, go to Account, and select Delete Save Data.
UPDATE: A banner has been made available that guarantees a 5-star that costs 3,000 Paid Gems. See details below.
When Can You Reroll?
Realistically, the only way you'll be able to effectively reroll is through the login bonus. The natural payout for free Gems is extremely low and the currently available log-in bonus rewards very little.
The available 5★ Sync Pairs for this launch are:
- Phoebe and Dusclops
- Kris and Totodile
- Brendan and Treecko
- Olivia & Lycanroc(Midnight Form)
- Karen & Houndoom
You'll receive 1,000 free Gems + 200 for daily login that you can use to get four pulls right out the gate. If you want to play the game until you'll get the special banner, you'll need to spend money on Gems.
The game has been released on Android and we have confirmation that there has been no increase in the number of Gems dropped during missions.
New Event Starting: Blue & Launch Celebration Event
Before the launch of Pokemon Masters, two events were announced via YouTube update titled "Pokémon Masters News #01"
- New event featuring the Sync Pair, Blue & Pidgeot, will be available for a limited time! The Sync Pair can also be scouted presumably on a rate up banner for the Sync Pair during this period.
- Reach for the Top will be a Story Event. More information on Story Events can be found below!
- Apparently via the Launch Celebration campaign, players will obtain enough gems to scout 10 times (up to 3,000 gems), although it is not mentioned in the video how this will be distributed (smaller amounts across days, or as a single bonus).
- Additional Launch Celebration Missions will be made available, which will provide items that can be used to power up Sync Pairs!
The Launch Celebration campaign has begun and players will receive 1,000 Gems upon their first login. They will also receive 200 Gems every day for 10 days.
This bonus is available from August 29th to October 17th.