Back Row 1
EX Challenge: Janine Very Hard Overview:
- Continuing in the trend of relatively easy EX Challenges, the battle with Janine is straightforward and allows for a lot of flexibility with team compositions. Janine & Ariados’ biggest threats are their ability to get moves off in quick succession. That being said, their attacks are relatively weak. Overall, as with most EX Challenge bosses, so long as the battle does not draw out too long, you’ll come out on top.
Enemy AI Behavior:
- Turn 1: Maraenie uses Sludge Wave.
- Turn 2: Ariados uses X Speed All.
- Turn 3: Maraenie uses Sludge Wave/ Scolipede uses Struggle Bug.
- Turn 4: Maraenie uses Sludge Wave/ Scolipede uses Struggle Bug.
- Turn 5: Ariados uses Venoshock.
- Turn 6: Janine uses Secret Ninja Technique! (+2 Sp. Atk, +2 Atk, Endure, and Move Gauge Speed Increase).
- Strikers: Olivia & Lycanroc, Brendan & Sceptile, and Giovanni & Mewtwo are top contenders due to their high Sp. Atk/Atk values and excellent movesets. For those who do have Fire Strikers, they are also an excellent choice due to type advantage.
- Supports: Hilbert & Oshawatt, Player & Torchic, Rosa & Delibird/Serperior are all excellent support pairs to bring to the fight as they all either possess amazing Atk/Sp.Atk buffs, Move Gauge Refills, or both. Any of these will help buff up strikers and guarantee victory.
Olivia Method (Group)
Left / Middle / Right
Host: Any / Olivia & Lycanroc / Any
Guest A: Any / Olivia & Lycanroc / Any
Guest B: Any / Olivia & Lycanroc / Any
- Olivia & Lycanroc: Excels at dealing consistent hard hits. If fully leveled, is fully capable of completing the challenge with very little trouble.
- Any: Can be any of the previously mentioned Key Sync Pairs. These are to be used as backups just in case things don't go according to plan. It is very likely that you won't be using these pairs.
Similar to any of the Meta Lycanroc strategies, you want to buff prior to chaining Stone Edge on Janine & Ariados. That being said, make sure prioritize taking out enemy allies such as Scolipede and Maraenie before taking out Ariados.
- The following video demonstrates the Olivia Strategy.
- Credits: Faction on Youtube
Auto With 'Sync Grid Upgrades' Method (Solo)
Left / Middle / Right
Host: Flint & Infernape / Flannery & Torkoal / Player & Pikachu
With the significant power upgrades that players have unlocked thanks to the Sync Grid, it is possible to complete the challenge utilizing an entirely F2P team while battling on auto!
- The following video demonstrates the F2P "Sync Grid Pioneers" Method.
- Credits: Zx on Youtube.
Credits and Acknowledgments
- https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonMasters/comments/eoz6ax/an_indepth_guide_to_ex_janine/ by redditor u/Parallaxal
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dq2SU1A2xK-vRsoaKR68rLWvJyhdCg9YZz5Z9BuGKz0/ by redditor u/MomoSpark
- https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonMasters/comments/epb1tq/you_can_solo_auto_ex_janine_with_flannery_flint/ by redditor u/endurance12916