Shopping in Diagon Alley
In the Wizarding World universe, Diagon Alley is the place to go for all your wizarding needs. In Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, you can spend gold you bought or earnt in-game on items such as dark detectors, vault extensions or potions. You can even go to Gringotts to exchange money for in-game gold!
The featured section in the Diagon Alley Store isn’t modelled after any real shops in the Wizarding World universe, however here you can find some of the best deals and purchases in-game. Every now and again, you can also find limited time bundles, so make sure to keep an eye out!
Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment was a shop that sold a variety of different magical items, like crystal balls and maps in Diagon Alley. In Wizards Unite, the Wiseacre’s tab stocks silver keys, dark detectors for inns, spell energy and capacity upgrades, and runestones for fortresses.
In Harry Potter, Slug & Jiggers Apothecary was a shop that sold potions and ingredients located in Diagon Alley. In Wizards Unite, you can buy a variety of potions and bundles from the store. You can also upgrade your storage capacity for potions, ingredients as well as seeds/water.
Gringotts is the only bank in the Wizarding World universe. It is operated and ran by goblins, and the main offices are located in Diagon Alley. In Wizards Unite you can purchase the in-game currency, gold here. They offer different bundles, upto 12k gold.
Other Places to Spend your Gold
There are other places where you can shop and spend your gold in-game.
- Cosmetics: When editing the portrait for your Ministry ID, some of the cosmetic selections are locked out. If you click on them, you get a pop-up which lets your purchase them. You can buy different cosmetics, ranging from stickers to filters, and accessories.
- Spell Energy: If you run out of spell energy within a fortress or during a foundable encounter, you are prompted to spend gold to buy spell energy. If you don’t, you’ll have to either leave the fortress/foundable encounter.
- Ingredients & Cauldron: If you are missing ingredients for a potion recipe, you are able to spend gold to buy the ingredients. You can also spend gold to rent out the golden cauldron so you can brew more potions.
Tips to Remember
Here are just some quick tips to keep in mind when spending your gold!
- Although you can buy spell energy capacity/vault storage extentions separately, it's recommended that you buy the vault extension bundle instead for 475 gold. This can be found at the bottom of the Featured tab in Diagon Alley, and will save you a bit of gold.
- Every now and again bundles/deals pop up on the Featured tab, for items like gold or cosmetics. Make sure to keep an eye out for those, because if you're on a limited budget, those are great value for money.