Wizards and witches, the first ever live release event for Wizards Unite has begun rolling out! The SOS Task Force Emergency Event is currently live in the first region (Asia-Pacific).
The event launch time is as follows for other regions:
Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India: 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC
The Americas and Greenland: 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)
As directly mentioned by HPWU Team member hpwu_fazes, the event consists of the following:
You will see more Care of Magical Creatures Traces on your Map
When you return Care of Magical Creatures Foundables, you will get double Family XP
For all Foundables that already have an Image placed in the Registry, you will get double Family XP
You will see an increase in Spell Energy when you visit an Inn or Greenhouse
Certainly a very Magical Creature focused event - perhaps a nod to next week's impending Brilliant Event, which revolves around similar themes? Regardless, if your Care of Magical Creatures Registry Pages need filling, this is the time to get on that. Here's some things you should keep in mind for the Wizards Unite Task Force Emergency event.
Temper your Expectations...
Many community members have been thoroughly impatient for the first real Wizards Unite event... and it falls to us to remind you that this is not quite that 'real' event. Today's event is more like a brief change-up than a full-fledged event with new game content. That doesn't mean you can't get thoroughly hyped!
It just means you should keep in mind that we won't be getting any event-exclusive rewards or other content with today's event, and that's okay - we do have the Fantastic Flora and Fauna Brilliant Event to look forward to next week!
... but Enjoy Yourself
The best way to take advantage of today's event is to stock up on several items before foraying into the Magical Creature-infested wilds:
- Baruffio's Brain Elixir
- You never want to go without the precious XP boost when you'll be farming lots and lots of Traces in a short amount of time
- Exstimulo Potions
- All varieties are handy to hold on to
- Running into a high-threat Trace will be less intimidating with these to help out
- Dark Detectors
- If you're going to be constantly casting Spells in Traces, you're going to need to be near an Inn, especially with the event Spell Energy bonus!
- You can take advantage of Dark Detectors while you camp out near an Inn or preferably multiple Inns to replenish Spell Energy
Event Tips and Tricks
Highlights of this Event:
Note: these highlights are based on the bonuses mentioned in the official announcement of the event. See player reactions and feedback below for more information on how the event actually went in the APAC region.
Excellent if you need to farm Runestones and Scrolls
- Having high spawns from a single Registry Family is amazing for increasing Family XP and power-leveling to earn Runestones and Scrolls
- Even moreso when considering the doubled Family XP for Care of Magical Creatures Foundables during the event
- Even moreso moreso if you get Foundables you've already placed, as that also gives double XP
Great for filling out the Registry
- If you've been missing a lot of Care of Magical Creatures Foundables, this is your chance
- Farming during the event duration gives you a great chance to pick up missing ones and maybe even high-threat Foundables
Increased Spell Energy is always good
- Even if for some reason you can't or won't actively farm Traces, you can still benefit from the increase in Spell Energy when visiting Inns and Greenhouses
Reactions and Feedback
Players in the Asia/Pacific region reported that there were no in-game changes for the event initially. About an hour after the scheduled start time, one of the game developers, hpwu_fazes, responded to player feedback on reddit and Discord:
Hi! For those of you with the event live now, we have fixed the Care of Magical Creatures Traces Issue. You should see more on your Map now. Thanks!
After this announcement, many players reported increased Care of Magical Creatures Traces in their areas. Some reported receiving 1-2 bonus spell energy per inn visit as well, though others said they were still not receiving any bonus spell energy. Players reported no bonus Care of Magical Creatures family XP.
Overall, player feedback from Asia/Pacific has been relatively disappointed. The event seems to have been run primarily as a test for the Wizards Unite team to prepare for future events, rather than much of an event itself.
We'll continue to monitor for more news about the event as it goes live in other regions. Stay tuned for more information and feedback as it comes in.
UPDATE 11:24 PM PDT: The event has been live in the Americas/Greenland for about 20 minutes. We're hearing reports that new spawn points have been enabled, i.e. Traces can now spawn in certain areas they were not earlier.
Unfortunately, however, the rest of the event does line up to the relatively disappointed response from the other regions per our experience. "Increased Care of Magical Creatures spawns" has translated to "more Flobberworms" which is not what anyone was really looking forward to. We're keeping our eyes peeled for any communication from the HPWU team.