Here we go! It's been quite a while since we were given a PvE-centric Community Day that actually rewards a good move, but it's finally time again! In the past, June has featured Larvitar, Slackoth, Weedle, Gible, and Deino. On that list, all of the above proved to be good-to-great in PvE in their day save Slackoth (remember that Mega Beedrill exists), so it's traditionally been something of a highlight month for raiders. And, once again, we've got a new highlight for the gateway month of Summer, as Axew finally takes center-stage. And what exactly does Haxorus get for this event? The absolute best generally-available move that it could possibly hope for! Yes, Haxorus is getting Breaking Swipe, arguably the best non-limited Dragon Type Charged Move in the game. And when you consider the fact that Haxorus was only held back by Dragon Claw, this is a huge deal!
Axew Community Day
|Event Start||Event End||Event Move Window End|
|2:00 p.m. local time||5:00 p.m. local time||10:00 p.m. local time|
- Axew will spawn en-masse and with a greatly increased Shiny rate
- Any Fraxure evolved during event hours and up to 5 hours after will result in a Haxorus that knows the Elite Move Breaking Swipe
- 3x Catch XP, 2x Catch Candy, 2x XL Candy Odds for players Lv.31+, 3 hour Incense and Lures, +1 Special Trade for the day, and a limited number of Snapshot Photobombs
- A $1.00 Special Research line will be available in the shop
- Fraxure will be available in Four-Star raids, completing a raid will cause Axew to spawn at Community Day rates around the gym for 30 minutes, even after Community Day hours end
June 2023 Community Day: Axew
Saturday, June 10, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Axew, the Tusk Pokémon, will be featured during June Community Day!
Axew will appear more frequently in the wild.
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Evolve Fraxure (Axew’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Haxorus that knows the Charged Attack Breaking Swipe.
- Trainer Battles: 50 power and guaranteed to lower the opponent’s Attack
- Gyms and raids: 35 power
Community Day Special Research story – Keeping Sharp
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Axew Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Keeping Sharp.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
*Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
3× XP for catching Pokémon.
2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon.
Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of three for the day.*
Trades will require 50% less Stardust.*
*While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Saturday, June 10, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to challenge unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Axew to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Fraxure will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Fraxure, additional Axew will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Axew that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during June Community Day’s three-hour event period.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Looking for other Trainers to join?
If you’re looking for other Trainers in your area to trade, battle, or join Raid Battles with on Community Day, check out our Community Day map!
By searching for Community Parks, you can find areas in your city that are historically popular places for Community Day—these parks may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.* We hope this map will be helpful for those looking to meet other Trainers!
*Popular locations are provided for informational purposes only. Niantic is not hosting or operating official or unofficial events at these locations. Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Niantic games.