New Recurring Event: Legendary Lunch Hour
On March 7th, 2019, Niantic announced a new event that will take place on March 13th! For 1 hour in your local timezone(12:00PM to 1:00PM) there will be an increase in legendary raid spawns.
TheSilphRoad researcher u/dronpes has a full breakdown of the event:
- Raids will be only legendary
- There will be a legendary raid at EVERY GYM
- 10 minute egg timer, 1 hour boss timer
Full Announcement Text
To give you more ways to enjoy Pokémon GO, we’re trying out a new event called Legendary Lunch Hour! From 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in your local time zone, there will be an increased number of raids to test your battle skills alongside your friends, coworkers, and classmates. The first Legendary Lunch Hour will take place on March 13, and with your help, we hope to make this an event you can enjoy every week!
Date + Time
- Mar. 13, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. in your local time zone
- There will be an increased number of raids during the event hour.
We look forward to your feedback and thank you for helping with testing this new type of event.
—The Pokémon GO team