In honor of Pokemon Home's integration with Pokemon Go and release for all trainers regardless of level, Niantic has announced a brand new event. Between the customary event spawns and free Mega Pidgeot energy, this could be a fun one!
The Pokemon Home Event
|Event Start||Event End|
|November 17, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time||Monday, November 23, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time|
- The limited time re-release of Shiny Meltan
- The release of the Shiny Slowpoke family
- An event-exclusive limited research line will be available, complete with Mega Pidgeot energy and encounters with Gible and Slowpoke
- Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost for the event's duration
- A special avatar item set will be available inspired by Meltan and "Grand Oak", the professor encountered in Pokemon Home that is totally not just Professor Oak dressed up like a 1990s raver
- A special selection of Pokemon will appear in the wild
A special selection of Pokemon will hatch from 5k eggs colleced during the event
A special selection of Pokemon will appear in raids
In celebration of Pokémon GO’s integration with Pokémon HOME, a special event will be taking place soon! Activate a Mystery Box during the event, and you might encounter a Shiny Meltan. There’s also plenty of research to enjoy—from Timed Research that rewards Pidgeot Mega Energy to Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Slowpoke and others! In addition, Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period, so if you haven’t Mega Evolved one yet, this might be a good time to do so.
Date + Time
Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, November 23, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Alolan Sandshrew, Zubat, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Ditto, Porygon, Hoothoot, Remoraid, Whismur, Lileep, Anorith, Cottonee, and Foongus.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Nidoran ♀, Nidoran ♂, Slowpoke, Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, and Anorith.
- Pokémon such as Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Shinx, Timburr, Klink, and more will be appearing in raids.
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Slowpoke!
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward you Pidgeot Mega Energy, Poké Balls, Berries, encounters with Slowpoke and Gible, and more.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Pokémon like Slowpoke and more!
- Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period.
- Be sure to activate the Mystery Box during this time—you might encounter a Shiny Meltan! It seems these Shiny Meltan will go back into hiding after this event is over. We'll sure be sure to let you know if they're spotted again in the future.
- From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- There will be special avatar items available, including the Melmetal Jacket, the Melmetal Vest, Melmetal Shoes, and Grand Oak’s Glasses! Check out the Style Shop to get yours.
Let’s GO celebrate the eagerly awaited Pokémon GO integration with Pokémon HOME, Trainers!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team