The sun is shining, the weather is getting warmer, and it's time for yet another Community Day! Fitting that this one's a Fire Type, as we're on our way back to Kalos to celebrate Fennekin, at last celebrating this fire-fox and its contribution to the series. And not only does our little fiery fuzzball get the customary Blast Burn, it also gets access to what was initially its Signature Move way back in Generation 6. Get ready, because this Community Day is set to be fire.
Fennekin Community Day
|Event Start||Event End||Event Move Window End|
|2:00 p.m. local time||5:00 p.m. local time||10:00 p.m. local time|
- Fennekin will spawn en-masse and with a greatly improved Shiny rate
- Evolve Braixen into Delphox during the Event Move window and it will learn Blast Burn on evolution.
- In conjunction with this, Delphox will have its movepool updated with the move Mystical Fire during the event. This will not be an Elite Move, and will remain a part of Delphox' moveset moving forward.
- Mystical Fire will have 60 base power in both PvE and PvP, and will decrease the target's Attack in PvP
- Bonuses include 3x Catch Stardust, 2x Catch Candy, 2x XL Candy odds for players Lv.31+, 3 hour incense and Lures, 50% Trade Stardust discount and +1 Special Trade, and snapshot photobombs from Fennekin.
- Four-star Braixen Raids will be available. Completing a raid will cause the area surrounding the gym to spawn Fennekin at Community Day levels and with Community Day Shiny rates, even after the event ends.
- Exclusive Field Research will be available
Click to View
May 2023 Community Day: Fennekin
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon, will be featured during May Community Day!
Fennekin will appear more frequently in the wild.
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Evolve Braixen (Fennekin’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Delphox that knows the Charged Attack Blast Burn.
While Braixen evolved into Delphox during the event will know Blast Burn, starting at the beginning of the event, Delphox will be able to learn the Charged Attack Mystical Fire. Delphox will still be able to learn Mystical Fire after the conclusion of the event.
- Trainer Battles: 110 power
- Gyms and raids: 110 power
Trainer Battles: 60 power, and decreases your opponent’s Attack.
Gyms and raids: 60 power
Community Day Special Research story – Fur and Flames
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Fennekin Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Fur and Flames.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
*Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
3× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokémon.
Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust.*
One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day.*
*While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Fennekin to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Braixen will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Braixen, Fennekin will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Fennekin that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during May Community Day’s three-hour event period.
May Community Day-themed Field Research will be available! Catch Fennekin to earn rewards such as additional Fennekin encounters, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Looking for other Trainers to join?
If you’re looking for other Trainers in your area to trade, battle, or join Raid Battles with on Community Day, check out our Community Day map!
By searching for Community Parks, you can find areas in your city that are historically popular places for Community Day—these parks may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.* We hope this map will be helpful for those looking to meet other Trainers!
*Popular locations are provided for informational purposes only. Niantic is not hosting or operating official or unofficial events at these locations. Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Niantic games.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team