Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof Bidoof
It seems that the Bidoof train has no breaks, my friends. We not only have the standing Bidoof celebration, we also have official confirmation from the official Pokemon twitter that July 1st is Bidoof Day.
This news has been gnawing at us for a while...— Pokémon @ #BidoofDay (@Pokemon) June 28, 2021
🎉 July 1 is now officially Bidoof Day! 🎉
Join us this Thursday for a day of Bidoofery, and stay tuned to our social channels all week to find out the many ways you can celebrate Bidoof with us. #BidoofDay pic.twitter.com/oRJtSMvTx7
So what does this mean for us in Pokemon Go? even more Bidoof!
|Event Start||Event End|
|10:00 a.m. local time||8:00 p.m. local time|
- Bidoof is going to be everywhere
- Bidoof is going to be in all raids, including Tier 5 raids
- Bidoof will be featured in its own Go Battle League cup... where it will be the only viable Pokemon.
- Bidoof caught during this event will know the Elite Move Superpower
- Bidoof will be able to learn Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt via Charged TM during the event
- Bidoof... or rather Shadow Bidoof will be encounterable via Team Rocket grunts at a higher than normal rate
- Bidoof will be able as a reward during a special research line that is also the first branching-choice research line!
- Bidoof avatar items will be available via research
- Bidoof.. um.... 4x Catch XP?
Bidoof! Bidoof! Bidoof doof doof. Bidoof...Bidoof! Bidoof.
Date + Time
Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time
- Features that are available throughout the Bidoof Breakout event will be available on Bidoof Day.
- Bidoof will be appearing in the wild at an incredibly high rate! Bidoof will also be the only Pokémon you can challenge in one-star, three-star, and even five-star Raid Battles! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Mega Raids will not be available during this time.
- Bidoof caught during this time will know Superpower, and you’ll be able to use a Charged TM during the event to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, or Thunderbolt. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to teach Bidoof Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Superpower, or Thunderbolt.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will have Shadow Bidoof on their teams more often. Get out there and save those Bidoof!
- The Bidoof Cup will be available in the GO Battle League throughout the day! Only Bidoof will be eligible in this cup, and teams of only Bidoof will be allowed. The Master League, the Master League Classic, and the Element Cup will still be available during this time.
- Complete a free event-exclusive Special Research story for special rewards! This will be the first Special Research in which you’ll make choices that’ll affect the research’s story and some parts of your event experience!
- Complete the research to earn an exclusive Bidoof Hat avatar item.
- 4× Catch XP
Bidoof! Bidoof...Bidoof...Bidoof...doof...let’s G— BIDOOF!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.
—The Pokémon GO team