Our next Community Day has finally been announced, and it's a chance to take it... slow. That's right, Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke are coming to star vacantly at any trainer that they come across, wondering how they got here and when they'll finally get a chance to have their own Community Day. Don't tell them, they should be able to figure it out by this time next year...
Slowpoke Community Day
|Event Start||Event End|
|2:00 p.m. Local Time||5:00 p.m. Local Time|
- Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will spawn en-masse and with a greatly enhanced Shiny rate
- When evolved during event hours and up to five hours after, Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke's various evolutions will be able to learn the new Elite Move Surf. This includes Slowbro and Sloking for Slowpoke, and Galarian Slowbro and Galarian Slowking for Galarian Slowpoke
- From 2:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. local time, Galarian Slowpoke will be able to evolve into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Psychic Type pokemon instead of the normal 30 Poison Type Pokemon.
- 3x Catch XP, 2x Cactch Candy, 2x XL Candy odds, 3 hour Lures and Incense, 50% Trade Stardust bonus, and +1 Special Trade will all be in effect for the event
- Taking a snapshot will result in a Slowpoke photobomb
- Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will be available in Four Star raids.
- Completing one of these raids will cause additional Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke to spawn with Community Day level Shiny rates around the gym that held the raid for 30 mins. If completed near the end of Community Day hours, this can virtually extend the Community Day for up to 30 minutes past its end near said gym.
- A timed research line will be available, and a Paid Research line will be available in the shop.
- Slowpoke-themed Field Research will be available, and some will be able to reward King's Rocks.
Click to View
March 2023 Community Day: Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke
Saturday, March 18, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokémon, will be featured during March Community Day!
Also, for the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Galarian Slowpoke—if you’re lucky!
Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will appear more frequently in the wild.
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Slowbro, Galarian Slowbro, Slowking, Galarian Slowking
Evolve Slowpoke or Galarian Slowpoke during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Slowbro, Galarian Slowbro, Slowking, or Galarian Slowking that knows the Charged Attack Surf.
- Trainer Battles: 65 power
- Gyms and raids: 65 power
Community Day Special Research story – Field Notes: Slow and Slower
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Slow and Slower.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
*Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
3× XP for catching Pokémon.
2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokemon.
Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day.*
Trades will require 50% less Stardust.*
*While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
A brain-teasing Evolution
Before Trainers can evolve Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro, they usually need to catch 30 Poison-type Pokémon while adventuring with Galarian Slowpoke as their buddy. But on Saturday, March 18, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will instead need to catch 30 Psychic types while adventuring with Galarian Slowpoke! Keep an eye on the clock—this brain-bending change won’t last past 10:00 p.m.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Saturday, March 18, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on special four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Four-star Raid Battles
Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will appear in four-star raids!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these Raid Battles.
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Slowpoke or Galarian Slowpoke, additional Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny ones!*
*Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during March Community Day’s three-hour event period.
Timed Research focused on Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will be available from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Complete tasks related to catching these Pokémon to earn up to four King’s Rocks.
March Community Day–themed Field Research will be available! Catch Slowpoke to earn rewards such as King’s Rocks, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
Slowpoke-themed avatar items and stickers
The following avatar items will be featured in the in-game shop during this event, and they will continue to be available after the event ends!
Slowpoke Tail Shirt
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated.
—The Pokémon GO team