Enemy Details & Move Order
Watch out for these abilities that the enemies will use!
Physical Damage Reduction
Special Damage Reduction
Focus on these!
Onix: Lower Sp. Def, use Special Moves (E.g. Brendan, Gardenia)
Lunatone: Lower Def, use Physical Moves (E.g. Brendan, Kris, Hilbert)
Frillish: Lower Def, use Physical Moves (E.g. Brendan, Ramos)
NPC Teammates (if trying to solo this EX Challenge):
Crasher Wake & Floatzel + Gardenia & Roserade + Rosa & Snivy
Kris & Totodile + Brendan & Treecko + Marlon & Carracosta
NPC Reaction to ATTACK TOGETHER EMOTE (at start):
Floatzel - CRASH!
Totodile - Pick Up the Pace!
Enemy Move Order
|6||Rock Hard Determination!|
|9||Speed It Up!|
*The default setter of the Special Shield is the Left Lunatone. If Left Lunatone has been knocked out, Right Lunatone takes over the setting duties.
**If Onix is knocked out, Opp Lunatone rotates Rock Slide accordingly until they are knocked out. Carracosta comes in to Icy Wind until they are knocked out.
***Onix repeats Bulldoze, by this point the team is probably on the brink of defeat.
IMPORTANT: Lunatone and Frillish do not attack until Onix is knocked out. (EXCEPT the 2 Ancient Powers at the start of the battle)
Useful Sync Pairs
- Brendan & Treecko: Great utility against all 3 foe types.
- Roxanne & Nosepass: Wide Guard for AOE protection after knocking out Onix.
- Kris & Feraligatr: Faster KO on Lunatone, useful against the Physically weaker Frillish.
- Thorton & Bronzong: Guarantee No Miss helps alleviate problems caused by shaky accuracy in moves like Leaf Storm and Mega Kick.
- (Honorable Mention) Winona & Pelipper: Setting up of Rain helps improve the damage dealt by NPC teammates.
Suggested Team Composition
Kris & Feraligatr / Brendan & Treecko / Roxanne & Nosepass
- All three players should have the above three Sync Pairs if possible.
- All Pairs should have decent gear equipped (Any 1* Lv6+ Gear will suffice)
- Center: Brendan & Treecko
- Left: Kris & Feraligatr
- Right: Roxanne & Nosepass
After multiple runs, the below has been found to be the most consistent setup for completing EX Challenge: Brock (Very Hard).
1) For all players, start with Brendan & Treecko and use “No Turning Back!”
2) Use Dire Hit.
3) Use Dire Hit again. (Can drop the second usage if it wasn’t done quickly enough)
4) Use Leaf Storm on Onix.
5) Use Leaf Storm on Onix again. Unity should be ready.
Unity Attack 1!
6) Unity Attack 1! Use 3x Brendan & Treecko if possible.
7) Host (or player whose Treecko has received the most damage) switches to Roxanne & Nosepass and uses Wide Guard. Guests (or remaining players) switch to Kris & Feraligatr and use X Attack.
8) Roxanne & Nosepass use X Defense All. Guests use “Pick Up the Pace!” if they are one move away from Sync. Guests can use X Attack instead if they are two moves away from sync.
9) Roxanne & Nosepass use “Study Buddies!”. Others target the right Lunatone and use their Sync Move. If unavailable, they use Mega Kick.
10) When Lunatone faints, target the right Frillish and continue using Waterfall / Mega Kick to finish off the right side. The host can switch to Kris & Feraligatr to deal damage as well.
11) A single Lunatone (and a Frillish behind them) remains on the left side. All players should concentrate Waterfall / Mega Kick on the final remaining enemies to finish the encounter!