Doable at trainer level 30 with optimized counters or weather boost
|Lvl 20||2048 - 2136||Lvl 25||2560 - 2671|
Fast Move Difficulty
Charge Move Difficulty
In its March of 2020 release, Darkrai made its return to the raid scene as a Tier 5 rather than a Tier 6, making it substantially easier to deal with. This raid is actually doable with 2 trainers and without boosts given the proper counters, but this guide will focus on the much more forgiving 3-person run given the current rarity of these counters
Darkrai hits like a truck, plain and simple. While not as strong as Mewtwo in this regard, it is still able to cut down teams with its powerful blows, which makes TDO a bigger issue than DPS given perfect counters. Be ready to re-lobby for this one, as the Pitch Black Pokemon is quite the imposing force.
- The duo is definitely doable, with many of the top Pokemon on this list easily making the cut. However, this guide will focus on the far more achievable Trio.
- Shadow Machamp is the best overall counter, with the best clear times and solid total performance
- Lucario is the top non-shadow counter, though it falls to a single Focus Blast, and even takes heavy damage if it dodges.
- Knowing the moveset can be very important, scouting for this one is recommended
- Dodging can be very important, though it can also be difficult with some movesets
- Try to always dodge Focus Blast unless you know that surviving it won't net your Pokemon another charged move
- If attempting a Duo, then dodging is exceptionally important in many cases. With weather and friend bonuses, DPS isn't a huge issue. But TDO definitely is.