Daily Stage 2 - Abandoned High-rise - Risk Level 8 (June 14)
Map Information and Strategy
The main challenges are as follows:
- Lots of Drones and snipers! Kill them before they kill us.
- Bombtails: Especially when buffed, their Bombs hurt! They hit allies in the tiles surrounding the initial target. Best way to handle them is to soak them.
- Ranged grids are in the middle, so Ranged Operators need to be pointed either towards the oncoming enemies, or towards the blockers.
- melee enemies are a combination of Slugs and Loggers, the former come in numbers and the latter hits hard
These are the Contracts I chose:
- The increased Attack Range doesn't change much as long as we use proper placement order and a soak for the bombtails.
- The limited grids and bombtail-buffs mostly just come down having enough Sniper/Ranged DPS
- Guards and Defenders are pretty easily replaced by Vanguards for our blocking needs, again, as long as our DPS is sufficient.
Recommended Team Composition
- 3 Vanguards, V1-V3, at least one should be Skill-DP-Recovery (V1). I used a DP-On-Kill Vanguard as V2, and it might be possible to use another one at V3. try experimenting if you are having trouble.
- 1 ST Medic, M1
- 4 Ranged DPS, R1-R4 preferably Anti-Air Snipers. Minimum 2 (R1 and R2) are necessary, depending on how strong they are.
- 1 Gravel, Gr1, Her Defense plus quick-redeploy allowed me to soak ALL of the Bombtails. You can try other Operators to soak, though you may need more than 1, I'm not sure.
- Backups- Whoever you need. maybe a ranged DPS, a bombtail soak, or a blocker/melee.
Here is an example of the team I used:
Unit placement can be seen in the image below, and deployment order should be done exactly as presented. Each Operator can be placed as soon as there is sufficient DP.
- V1: Scavanger - Skill-DP-Recovery Vanguard
- V2: Vigna - DP-On-Kill Vanguard (time skill usage with Loggers)
- R1: Platinum - Anti-Air Sniper (She is awesome for this map because of her extended range on S2)
- R2: Kroos - Anti-Air Sniper
- M1: Ansel - ST Medic
- R3: Glaucus - Slower Supporter (she prioritizes drones)
- R4: Exusiai - Anti-Air Sniper (the best choice for high level Friend support, as nothing on this map has high DEF)
Formation should look like this:
At kill 48 the bobtails will come out. The moment that the first bombtail starts moving deploy Gravel as seen below. If you do this too late, your ranged Operators get blown up. If you do it too early, and she'll die before she can soak the third bomb (if you are having trouble, do the latter, and bring another soak if you need to)
The third bomb will kill her, and that is ok. At about kill 69 a Logger will appear in the middle lane. When he starts moving, retreat your R4, deploy V3: Zima: Skill Recovery Vanguard, and after the Logger moves out of the sqare, deploy your Gravel again. We don't want gravel blocking the Logger or she may die before she can soak the second Bomb.
It should look like this:
Once the last bomb has been dropped, retreat Gravel and deploy the last Operator.
Enjoy your rewards!