Daily Stage 12 - Abandoned High-rise - Risk Level 8 (June 24)
Map Information and Strategy
The main challenges are as follows:
- Lots of Drones and snipers! Kill them before they kill us.
- Bombtails: Especially when buffed, their Bombs hurt! They hit allies in the tiles surrounding the initial target. Best way to handle them is to soak them.
- Ranged grids are in the middle, so Ranged Operators need to be pointed either towards the oncoming enemies, or towards our base.
- melee enemies are a combination of Slugs and Loggers, the former come in numbers and the latter hit hard
These are the Contracts I chose:
- The main challenges here are:
- the increased range and dps of the Crossbowman and Bombtails
- the increased HP of the bombtails
Recommended Team Composition
- 3 Skill-DP-Recovery or Support Vanguards, V1 - V3. We'll use them off the bat to create a defensive line while generating gobs of DP to get our Sniper line deployed.
- 4 Snipers, S1 - S4, I used 3 Anti-Air Snipers and 1 AoE Sniper. Bombtails have a ton of HP, so bringing them down in time is one of our challenges.
- 1 Pull Specialist, Sp1, we are going to use this unit to both help kill Drones and to protect our snipers until our Medic is deployed, since they have higher DEF and can take more hits.
- 1 ST Medic
- 2 Specialists,Sp2 and Sp3, at least 1 Fast Redeploy, these will be our Bombtail sacrifices.
- 1 Melee, M1, that can block, to help at the end.
Here is the team I used:
Unit placement can be seen in the image below, and deployment order should be done exactly as described
- V1: Myrtle - Utility Vanguard
- V2: Zima - Skill-DP-Recovery Vanguard
- V2: Texas - Skill-DP-Recovery Vanguard
- At this point we are going to wait and save up enough DP so that we can deploy our Snipers and Specialist all at the same time. For me that was 48 DP.
- S1: Kroos - Anti-Air Sniper
- S2: Platinum - Anti-Air Sniper
- S3: Exusiai - Anti-Air Sniper
- Sp1: Cliffheart - Puller Specialist
- M1: Silence - ST Medic
We are at our Deployment Limit and our formation currently looks like this:
- When we have enough DP, we can retreat V1 and deploy S4: Meteorite - AoE Sniper
- After the Logger passes at around kill 47, we'll retreat Sp1 and Deploy Sp2: FEater - Push Specialist
Our formation now looks like this:
- When Sp1 dies, replace it with Sp2. Continue to replace as they die. This unit needs to be deployed as the Bombtail is coming out or it will target a Sniper.
- After the last bomb has been dropped, retreat the specialist if it is alive and deploy a Melee unit in the middle row, D10, to block any melee enemies
- Remember that you can let 2 units through and still win!
- Do you have any comments, strategies or helpful suggestions for players? Leave them in the comments below!
Enjoy your rewards!