2/17 update: Added a note about AP Concussion's proc chance to the Skills section.
12/24 update: Updated Super Grenade description to better explain how it works in-game.
AGS-30 is one of the three starter Heavy Ordnance Corps (HOC) units available to the Commander. Her most important stats are Reload and Pierce.
With her 3 range, AGS-30 specializes at demolishing enemy artillery units and structures. While AGS-30's ability to pierce enemy force shields isn't as potent as BGM-71, she will still see use in situations that either demand more fielded HOC units or require the extra range she offers.
For more information, check out the Full Analysis section.
Initial Stats → Level 100 → Theoretical Max*
*Includes maximum Iteration and Chip bonuses
|Lethality||27 → 78 → 292||Pierce||49 → 144 → 336|
|Precision||67 → 198 → 381||Reload||130 → 386 → 744|
Level 10 Effect Every 4th attack (#4, #8, #12, etc.) will deal 2.2x lethality.
Level 10 Effect Increase Precision by 30%.
Level 10 Effect Every attack has a 40% chance to inflict a debuff that deals 20% Pierce per second for 6 seconds.
Note: This effect procs on a per-shell basis and is only calculated if the grenade itself does not miss.
AGS-30 is a HOC with relatively low Pierce stat but an extremely rapid rate of fire thanks to her incredibly high Reload stat.
At near maximum Reload, AGS-30 can fire as often as once every 1.4s.
When the player is done raising BGM-71 to Level 60 and has spare resources, AGS-30 can be raised to level 40 then 60 so that she can equip 5★ Chips to raise her two most important stats, Reload and Pierce.
- Both primary offensive stats should be raised in parallel when possible, since AGS-30 needs both high Pierce and high Reload to really be effective.
- The same color bonus is again not as important as packing in Chips with high raw stats - only go for the same color bonus when it results in a net stat gain.
- AGS-30 will mostly see use when the player needs her 3 range or wants additional fire support in extremely challenging fights.
- This niche isn't strictly necessary in Continuum Turbulence, but may be nice to have regardless.
Each of AGS-30's shots is actually a triple grenade hit dealing 0.33x Lethality and Pierce in a 1.5 radius AoE.
AGS-30's targeting priority is fairly complex; the below is an educated guess based on limited testing and may be updated later.
- If a shielded enemy is present, AGS-30 prioritizes that target.
- If different types of enemies are present, AGS-30 prioritizes the enemy type with higher Damage stat.
- Among the one enemy type eligible for target selection, AGS-30 targets the most densely-packed area.
Since her Pierce stat isn't high like BGM-71 and she doesn't have the luxury of an extremely damaging first salvo that always hits the right target, AGS-30 won't be the player's first choice when it comes to breaking down Force Shields. Her regular damage is fairly lacking too due to a low Lethality stat, and AGS-30 is thus outdone by 2B14 in general mobbing.
While it will be fairly rare for AGS-30 to see use over the other more specialized HOCs, her 3 range and decent Pierce does mean AGS-30 can provide passable support fire in specific situations where BGM-71's lower range is a significant drawback, especially if a lot of enemy structures need to be fired upon from afar.
Lv. 10 ASAP
AP Concussion is AGS-30's shield-breaking ability and should be upgraded as high as possible ASAP. While it won't make AGS-30 as good as BGM-71, this skill improves her shield breaking ability significantly and is cheap to level as well.
Lv. 1 > 4 > 10
Super Grenade is a useful skill, but it works well enough at low levels and training it is not important.
Lv. 1 > 4 > 10
Experience Highlight only provides a minor stat boost and leveling it is not very important.
Raw damage demonstration of similarly leveled AGS-30 and 2B14 against unarmored enemies, showing 2B14's vastly superior performance in terms of damage output.
- AGS-30 will only come out on top when Force Shield damage is needed.
Raw damage demonstration of a nearly maxed AGS-30, showing off the best-case endgame performance where both Force Shield Piercing and AoE are needed.
- Combining 2B14 and BGM-71 will of course still do better, but why not let AGS have some time in the spotlight?
The AGS-30 Atlant is a Russian-made automatic grenade launcher produced since 1995. It's currently in service with the Russian Federation and has been exported to a variety of countries including but not limited to North Korea, Syria, and Saudi Arabia.
- The three operators of the AGS-30 are named Alina, Galina, and Sonya.
- The exact same Skill icon is used in-game for both Super Grenade and AP Concussion. For differentiation purposes, this article has replaced the icon for Super Grenade with the in-game asset "ags_grenede" [sic] that exists but is unused for some reason.