The pet system provides a extra passive boost to general content farming with some QoL features. They provide no combat advantage.
They are an investment of resources for higher returns later. The initial cost may seem costly, but pets pay off in the long run.
General Pet info
- There is a new tab with Pet related items at the bottom of the regular Shop
- Pets have their own inventory with 30 starting slots and a maximum cap of 100.
- Each expansion adds +5 slots and costs 50 skystones. (Not recommended, as you can simply synthesize unwanted/fodder pets to cull their numbers. The only exception is, of course, hardcore pet collecting.)
- A maximum of 55 pet adoption tickets are available for up to 5.5million gold per week from the shop in the pet tab. (There is no limit to skystone pet adoptions.)
- You will want pets with high ranking skills, where D is the worst and S is the best. It is recommended to keep all pets with unique S rank skills.
- EXP - ONLY Normal Pet food and using other pets as enhance material will increase a pet’s exp (using them in combat, etc., will not.)
- Affinity - ONLY playing with your pet (using 300 stigma) and using toys will increase Affinity. Stigma use is limited 1 time per day or after every synthesis. Save your toys for a well upgraded pet you can use them on since they aren’t limited to 1 use per day.
- Placing pets in your pet house doesn't actually do anything functional besides making them easier to click on, though they will also be shown in your account profile.
Battle pets have skills that enhance the rewards for the following content:
Adventure, Side Story, Hunt and Spirit Altars.
For example, Bloo, a 1✰ Battle Pet, has the skill “6.75% chance to receive double AP in Adventure/SideStory.” Other pets offer similar boosts.
In addition, they will interact with all chests/statues/Goblin Gates for free when auto-repeat using snacks is enabled.
Lobby pets are placed on the empty stool in the tavern. Their skill effects are always active when placed as the active lobby pet.
They provide some of the following rewards when tapped on every 24 hours, like the Heart of Orbis in the Sanctuary.
|Arena Flag x2||Energy x30|
|Book of Retribution x1(HoT ticket)||Energy x60|
|Gold x50,000||Rare Catalyst Chest|
|Gold x100,000||Epic Catalyst Chest|
|Gold x150,000||Gold Transmit Stone x1|
* Changing lobby pets will reset the daily timer.
Pet Skills and Values
- Pet skill Rank goes from D-S; the higher the grade, the higher the skill value is. Higher Affinity increases the skill values further.
- Affinity level increases the effect of the skill by a %, NOT the skill grade. At max affinity the pet’s skill value will increase by 33.3% based off the skill’s %, rounding up when necessary.
|Skills/Passive Buffs||D %||C %||B %||A %||S %|
|Increased Hero Enhance XP||2.25(3)||4.5(6)||6.75(9)||9(12)||11.25(15)|
|Increased Equipment Enhance XP||1.5(2)||2.25(3)||3(4)||3.75(5)||4.5(6)|
|Decreased Equipment Enhance Cost||1.5(2)||2.25(3)||3(4)||3.75(5)||4.5(6)|
|Increased Gold earned from selling Equips||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||6(8)||7.5(10)|
|Increased Good Enhance Chance on Equips||.75(1)||1.5(2)||2.25(3)||3(4)||3.75(5)|
|Increased Great Enhance Chance on Equips||.75(1)||1.5(2)||2.25(3)||3(4)||3.75(5)|
|Skills/Passive Buffs||D %||C %||B %||A %||S %|
|Increased %Event Currency Earned (Side Story)||2.25(3)||4.5(6)||6.75(9)||9(12)||11.25(15)|
|Increased Chance to receive double AP (Adventure)||2.25(3)||4.5(6)||6.75(9)||9(12)||11.25(15)|
|Increased chance to receive an additional* Rare Catalyst(Side Story and Adventure)||0.37(.5)||0.75(1)||1.12(1.5)||1.5(2)||1.85(2.5)|
|Increased Chance to receive 3 additional* common runes (Spirit Altar 1≥)||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||3.75(5)||4.5(6)|
|Increased Chance to receive 2 additional* Greater runes (Spirit Altar 4≥)||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||3.75(5)||4.5(6)|
|Increased Chance to receive 1 additional* Epic runes (Spirit Altar 7≥)||.75(1)||1.5(2)||2.25(3)||3(4)||3.75(5)|
|Increased chance to receive double materials (Hunt)||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||6(8)||7.5(10)|
|Increased chance to receive an additional* piece of equipment (Hunt)||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||6(8)||7.5(10)|
|Increased chance to receive an additional* lesser charm (Hunt)||1.5(2)||3(4)||4.5(6)||6(8)||7.5(10)|
*Additional Drop chance applies even when the particular item does not drop. (% Increased chance to receive an additional piece of equipment, means % chance for an equipment to appear randomly out of thin air at the end of a dungeon run.) Rare catalyst drops can be any rare catalyst.
Additional drops from Hunts is based off the potential gear drops.
Upgrading and leveling Pets
The pet's generation is effectively a pet’s star ranking (max 4★). Pet exp is only gained from pet food and enhancing a pet with fodder pets (max level is 40)
Pets therefore get exp ONLY from pet food and from being enhanced with other pets.
Inheritance refers to the additional skills that pets can carry over during synthesis. One of the pets needs to be at the max level to synthesize - it doesn’t matter which, as you can carry over their skills or appearance regardless of which one is maxed. 4★ pets can have a max of 3 skills. Pets can be renamed and played with via stigma again after each synthesis, so make sure to play with them before synthesizing.
Each skill uses its own individual skill rank. You cannot change the skill’s rank. It is recommended to focus only getting S rank skills as you upgrade your pets.
- Synthesizing two 1★ pets lets you pick 1 skill (1★ pet can only have 1skill)
- Synthesizing two 2★ pets lets you pick 2 skills (2★ pet can only have 2skill)
- Synthesizing two 3★ pets lets you pick 2 skills (3★ pet can only have 2skill)
- Synthesizing two 4★ pets lets you pick 3 skills (4★ pet can only have 3skill)
Focus on only getting S rank skills. While they are rarer, they do pop-up enough to be worth striving for. Especially since you want to min-max the gains you get from using pets.
Play with the pets that you want to upgrade via stigma. Even if the pet doesn’t have an S rank skill, it’s fine because Affinity carries over from the highest Affinity pet regardless of how you pick your skills or appearance. So use the 300 stigma daily to increase the pets affinity. Furthermore, you can play with the pet with stigma again after each synthesis, regardless of whether you fail to promote/synthesize it or not.
S rank skills are generated randomly from adopted pets AND when synthesizing random pet skills. It is recommended that if you are synthesizing pets that don’t have any S rank skills, don’t pick any skills to inherit and attempt to randomly generate the skills. The most efficient way to do this is max level 1★ pet and synthesize WITHOUT inheriting a skill. If the synthesis fails, stigma (play with) the pet and try again. Each time you fail you roll for a chance at an S rank skill and when you succeed you roll for a chance at an S rank skill 2 times since 2★ pets generate 2 skills. Repeat this process until you have some skills you can work with. You will need these 2★ pets later anyway, so no effort will be wasted.
You cannot have 2 of the same type of skill on the same pet. Synthesizing will provide you a chance to upgrade the pet to a higher star rank (generation) Pet has to be unlocked and not deployed on any party to be synthesized. 1star pets are worth 200 exp; a 1star pet requires 1200 exp to hit lvl 10, and can be sold for 1000 gold. (But don’t sell pets - it’s definitely not worth it)
Skill Appearance Chances:
*the rates apply to both adopting pets and synthesizing random skills (I think)
S Rank Skill: 5%
A Rank Skill: 10%
B Rank Skill: 20%
C Rank Skill: 30%
D Rank Skill: 35%
Form Appearance Chance:
Original Form: 99.5%
Special Form*: 0.5%
*Special Forms are just special pet color variants dubbed "ML Pets" by players. They sparkle a bit when viewing them and have a special icon. It is only cosmetic and doesn’t affect their skills. An example of the icon is shown below:
Optimal Pet Builds
2 Skill Sets
- Decreased Gear Gold Enhance and Increased Gear Experience
- Decreased Gear Gold Enhance and Increased Great% Chance
- Decreased Gear Gold Enhance and Additional Gold from Selling Gear
- (Hunt) Additional for Extra Gear to Be Acquired and Additional Chance for Double Materials
- (Side Story) Additional Chance to Get Bonus Currency and Additional Chance for An Extra Rare Catalyst to Drop
- (Adventure) Additional Chance for Double AP and Additional Chance for An Extra Rare Catalyst to Drop
- (Spirit Altar) Additional Chance to Get 2 Additional Greater Runes and Additional Chance to Get 1 Additional Epic Rune
3 Skill Sets
- Decreased Gear Gold Enhance + Increased Gear Experience + Increased Great% Chance
- Decreased Gear Gold Enhance + Increased Gear Experience + Additional Gold from Selling Gear
- (Hunt) Additional for Extra Gear to Be Acquired + Additional Chance for Double Materials + Additional Chance to get a Lesser Charm
- (Side Story+Adventure) Additional Chance to Get Bonus Currency + Additional Chance for An Extra Rare Catalyst to Drop + Additional Chance for Double AP
- (Spirit Altar) Additional Chance to Get 3 Additional Lesser Runes + Additional Chance to Get 2 Additional Greater Runes + Additional Chance to Get 1 Additional Epic Rune
Note: Additional Equipment drop from Hunt is probably the most valuable skill you can get.
Repeat battling options can be selected here. You cannot adjust them during battle.
- Can only be used on maps you’ve completed, and consume 1 homemade snack for each run of the dungeon after the run is completed.
- You can obtain homemade snack as a clear reward from Adventure mode, Side Story, Hunt, and in Treasure Chests.
- When Repeat Battling has been selected, Pets will automatically interact with any objects you may encounter in the stage, such as Treasure Chests, Goddess Statues and Goblin Gates.
- This function doesn’t work in labyrinth maps
- Repeat even on Defeat (homemade snacks will be consumed even on defeat) and the number of Repeats done at a time can be adjusted in the Settings menu.
- If your Hero/Equipment Inventory is full, Repeat Battling will end.
- Auto repeat will use the same support over and over. You still get the 10-5 friendship points from each completion.
- If you cancel the auto repeat mid battle, however, it doesn’t consume the homemade snack
Original Form Drop Rate: 99.5%
Special Form Drop Rate: 0.5%
These variants can appear either when Adopting a pet or if Synthesizing without a selected appearance. These variants are only cosmetic, and there is one special color per pet species.