The Reception Room - Mysterious Secrets Revealed!
Of all the facilities in the RIIC (Rhodes Island Infrastructure Complex), better known as The Base, the Reception Room is the facility most steeped in mystery and superstition. Rumors abound on how best to find Clues and which Operators increase the rates of finding which Clues. However, it turns out that most players.... haven’t got a clue how it really works. In this guide we’ll pull back the veil of Clue finding and reveal its secret hidden mysteries.
Clue Search Speed
There are 2 major factors that increase Clue Search Speed: Operators and Reception Room Level.
Reception Room Level
The level of the Reception Room itself will add a bonus that increases the Clue Search Speed by:
- 10% at Level 1
- 20% at Level 2
- 25% at Level 3
The largest gains are made at level 1 and 2.
There are several factors that determine the overall Clue Search Speed increase that an Operator provides to the Reception Room.
- RIIC Base Skill - Some Operators have RIIC Skills that increase the Clue Search Speed. These Operators will show up as a priority when assigning an Operator to the Reception Room. Here is an example:
For a full list of these Skills, see our RIIC Skill List:
- Operator Rarity - The rarity of an Operator increases the Clue Search Speed as follows:
- 6★ - 10%
- 5★ - 9%
- 4★ - 7%
- 3★ - 5%
- 2★ - 5%
- 1★ - 5%
- Operator Promotion Level - The Promotion level of an Operator increases the Clue Search Speed as follows:
- E2 - 16%
- E1 - 8%
- E0 - 0%
- Some Operators are not as good in the Reception Room as they may seem. Are you using 12F in the Reception Room? If you have any 6★ E2, you shouldn’t be (unless they are better used somewhere else). An E2 6★ with NO RIIC SKILL related to the Reception Room will grant a Clue Search Speed increase of 26%. 12F’s maximum increase is 25%.
- Promotion Level and RIIC Skills are by far the most important factors in determining Clue Search Speed bonus, though Rarity matters as well.
- Here is a table of how each Operator performs at their respective Promotion Levels:
Clue Finders Search Speed
Each Clue number comes from a specific Arknights Faction, as follows:
- Clue 1: Rhine Labs
- Clue 2: Penguin Logistics
- Clue 3: Black Steel
- Clue 4: Ursus Student Union
- Clue 5: Glasgow
- Clue 6: Karlan Commercial (Kjerag)
- Clue 7: Rhodes Island
Some Operators have RIIC Skills that make it more likely to find Clues of a specific faction. Here is an example:
Note: The Clue number does not show up in the in-game description. We have added it to the RIIC Skill descriptions on the wiki.
Note: Only the Operators with the specific Clue-finding Skills increase the chances of finding specific Clues (just being a member of the faction doesn’t matter). The exact probability increase of finding said faction’s Clue is unknown.
Here is a list of Operators that currently increase the probabilities of specific Clues: