Get ready to bottle fame and brew glory, as the next event in Wizards Unite features the Potions Classroom! While the event was announced a few weeks ago, the Wizards Unite team just released more details to help players prepare.
- Start: Tuesday, Nov 26th at 11:00 PST / 19:00 UTC
- End: Monday, Dec 2nd at 11:00 PST / 19:00 UTC
- Featuring: Potions Classroom Foundables and Tonic for Trace Detection
Here is the full list of bonuses that have been confirmed:
- Increased sightings of Professor Snape, Sirius Black, Hedwig, and Young Harry Potter.
- Tonic for Trace Detection will increase the chance of encountering Potion Classroom Traces
- Increased Master Note effectiveness for Tonic for Trace Detection
- Erumpent Horn Potion Ingredients will appear on the Map more frequently*
- Special event 1km Portkeys, which transport players to Professor Snape's Office, will appear on the map
- Half-Blood Prince's Copy of Advanced Potion Making will have an increased chance of being collected from special event Portkeys
- A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop featuring a Silver Key and a Tonic for Trace Detection Potion
*This statement is word for word from the official announcement. It should probably just say "Erumpent Horn will appear..." It's possible, however, this strange wording may mean they intend to boost all Tonic for Trace Detection ingredients, and something just got mixed up in the drafting process. So far, the safest bet is to just assume it will only be Erumpent Horns.
Potions Classroom Foundables
Tips to Prepare
We'll have a full guide for the event out later, but in the meantime, here are some quick tips to help you prepare for this event:
Get ready to brew
Stock up on Baneberry, Bulbadox Juice, and Angel's Trumpent now to take advantage of the Tonic for Trace Detection brewing boost And on that note, if you have ingredients to spare, brew up some Tonic for Trace Detection to have ready when the event starts
Clear up Portkey space
To avoid accidentally picking up other Portkeys before the event (unless you need more Brilliant ones), do not open your unlocked Portkeys. Just hold onto them and key up your next Portkey until you're ready to start picking up new Portkeys. You can open them when the event starts to quickly pick up the event Portkeys!
Collect Legends of Hogwarts Runestones
For those who want to prestige the Potions Classroom up as much as possible, the event spawns offer an excellent opportunity to do so. Of course, collecting all the necessary fragments of Advanced Potion Making could end up slowing down your progress, depending on how common they are in the special event Portkeys—and how many Silver Keys you want to go through.
Stock up whatever Legends of Hogwarts Runestones you can now to reduce the risk that Advanced Potion Making will slow you down on your journey to an eventual completed gold Potions Classroom page!